We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Horse Riding in Sharm!!!!

Which Sharm El Sheikh hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
North Lanarkshire
Level Contributor
174 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Horse Riding in Sharm!!!!

Hi,

Was just wondering if anyone had been horse riding while in Sharm? Who would you recommend? Cost? My daughter would like to do this, she is 12. Is there an age restriction? We are staying at the Coral Sea Resort.

LK

Scotland
Level Contributor
616 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Horse Riding in Sharm!!!!

Hiya

A few people have recommended the horse riding at the sofitel hotel as the animals appear well cared for here as opposed to some other establishments.Not sure of cost but i'm sure your hotel could find out for you.We're hoping to do it when there in august.

North Lanarkshire
Level Contributor
174 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Horse Riding in Sharm!!!!

Hi KiltyScotland,

Thanx, when we booked last year with First Choice we were given a list of trips and horse riding was on it. Will look our for it when we get there!!

LK

Copenhagen
Level Contributor
378 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Horse Riding in Sharm!!!!

Kilty - if one asks the hotel to find out prices or arrange it, will they do this as a service(and offcourse get a tip) or would they take provision?

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh, Red Sea and Sinai, Side
Level Contributor
20,111 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Horse Riding in Sharm!!!!

Hi,

Two other hotels are Magic Life (have ridden there on thr beach at sunset) & also Concorde El Salam. Roxy (horsey lady) has said that the animals are well cared for.

We booked thru Thomson a a few trips ago; the animals at the Magic Life weren't in bad shape. I've also seen the Sofitel ones & they weren't too bad either.

I don't know how /who the other hotels use if you ask to book thru them but I wouldn't book anywhere where I hadn't 1st seen the horses as some posters have been quite upset when they have been on trips & seen how poor the animals are.

Regards

North Lanarkshire
Level Contributor
174 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Horse Riding in Sharm!!!!

Hi Nephthys,

Surely if you book to go horse riding with your travel agent they would use a company that caters well for the animals? I certainly would not like any animal to suffer just for the sake of us tourists.

LK

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
20,111 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Horse Riding in Sharm!!!!

Hi Kerrtoon,

Yes, I'd be wary of booking thru a local vendor for horse riding; we booked thru Thomson.

Regards

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
20,111 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Horse Riding in Sharm!!!!

P.S. What I was trying to say (& not very clearly so far! lol!) was that if you book directly thru your hotel, as opo to your rep, they will, in turn, book thru a local vendor.

Regards

8. Re: Horse Riding in Sharm!!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 December 2009, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh