We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cairo tour from sharm El Sheikh

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh, Red Sea and Sinai, Side
Level Contributor
20,170 posts
183 reviews
Save Topic
Cairo tour from sharm El Sheikh

Hi,

We never pre-book in case we get the trots / change our minds when in resort. If you're not thru your own tour rep, will you get all your money back?

There are plenty of local vendors & all hotels offer trips (altho they sub-contract thru local vendors)

Once in resort, you can haggle the price with them face to face.

If you put the names of the firms into the forum search engine (above all tpoic listings, nr horizontal green strip) you will find previous discussions on some of them.

Regards

Aussie in UK
Level Contributor
102 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Cairo tour from sharm El Sheikh

Hi Grum

I agree with Nefh!!!

We returned from Sharm a week ago. We had our flights and guide pre booked to go to Cairo, but unfortunatly we were unable to go due to severe stomach problems.

We lost £200 airfares, and luckily not the guides fees, but after coming back from sharm i would advise to book it when you're there because you may well come down ill. We did come down ill and we werent expecting it at all. But hey """" happens (no pun intended lol).

Regards

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,743 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cairo tour from sharm El Sheikh

Thats good advice N. I'll take that

Copenhagen
Level Contributor
379 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cairo tour from sharm El Sheikh

Be aware, that if You intend to book Your own tickets through Egypt air, the price for tickets increases, the closer to departure You get.

I guess the cheap tickets will go first.

I've tried to "book" through their site - if You want a booking for ie. tomorrow (2 adults 2 kids) I found the price to be £500 - £600.

If I book from a month before I can get it as low as £160, which is excactly what We did.

As for the driver/guides and everything, We'll arrange that when in Cairo, if we find it nescecary.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
11 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cairo tour from sharm El Sheikh

Hi Grum

I went to Cairo from Sharks Bay with my friend (bot women - the men didn't want any culture!). We didn't book through the tour operator, but from a local vendor selling tours at our hotel. We saved about £60 each and booked two days before we went. One note though - if you book locally, make sure that when you reach Cairo, if you can't find your tour guide in arrivals, just go out of the arrivals lounge door, you may find him/her just waiting outside. Many tour guides that aren't employed by the big companies like Thomas Cook aren't registered with the government(our guide wasn't) and so aren't allowed in the arrivals hall. Make sure you have your patient head on when you go to the pyramids - the people trying to get you to have your picture taken with their camel (always for money! Nothing is free, even when they say it is!) will drive you insane! But both the museum and pyramids are awesome!

Its a fantastic experience - you'll love it!

Have fun!

Carrie x

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
11 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cairo tour from sharm El Sheikh

P.S. If you do get sick whilst in Cairo (one chap on our trip did) the toilets are vile at the Museum - the smell made me retch, but the toilets at the Pyramids are lovely and clean!!

Take antibacterial wipes and gel, and use them often, especially after handling the money!!

Just an afterthought!!

Carrie x

6. Re: Cairo tour from sharm El Sheikh

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12 July 2009, 18:05
United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh, Red Sea and Sinai, Side
Level Contributor
20,170 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cairo tour from sharm El Sheikh

Egypttourguide,

Plz don't add your website to the bottom of your posts; self advertising is not allowed. PLz refer top the forum guidlines.

Such posts are reported & removed.

And don't send private messages, asking for business, to members either or you run the risk of being blocked out of the forum.

Thanks & regards

8. Re: Cairo tour from sharm El Sheikh

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 January 2010, 07:19