We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sultan gardens - beach and snorkelling

derby
Level Contributor
569 posts
118 reviews
Save Topic
sultan gardens - beach and snorkelling

hi

think i am going mad as I'm sure i posted this , this morning but its disappeared.

Anyway can anyone tell me what the beach and snorkelling are like at this hotel.

Our priorities are snorkelling , good food and stuff for kids and ideally not too noisey and quite relaxing.

Also has anyone been to sultan and also hilton sharks bay and how do they compare ? I read earlier that the snorkelling at hilton sharks bay isnt as good as it used to be :-(

thanks

Sharon

Swansea, United...
Level Contributor
883 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: sultan gardens - beach and snorkelling

hi,

got back 2 weeks ago from our 2nd stay at SG ,

to answer your question re beach & snorkelling ..

the beach is "typical of sharm , if you`ve been before you`ll know that its not exactly sand, more like a shingly, dusty surface . SG beach does have a small area in front of the coral , safe enough for paddling ( but DO wear beach shoes )

as for the reef , my OH ( the snorkelling fanatic) said that its the best reef he`s been to , thats 17 different ones , having seen the photos he took , i can see what he means .

we found it ideal for all the priorities you listed above ( sorry can`t help you with the kiddies side of it , but they DO have a childrens pool & all the kids seemed happy )

food was the best we`ve had in 3 hotels , ate everything including ice cream, salad, ice in drinks,beach lunches etc . not a bit of tummy problem .

anything else i can help you with , just ask.

kathy

2. Re: sultan gardens - beach and snorkelling

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 16 July 2009, 11:23
East Neuk of Fife...
Destination Expert
for St Andrews
Level Contributor
9,840 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: sultan gardens - beach and snorkelling

The quiet pool is bliss - but sorry - children are not encouraged to use it unless they are VERY quiet, and kids + having fun usually means shrieks of joy which are frowned upon by those who are without them(if you see what I mean!)Having said that the other pools are not that noisy. Snorkelling is fab but beach is horrible IMO, it's just a means of getting to the sea and you only need to visit it for that. By the way you do get sandy beaches in Sharm like the one outside The Baron Palms.

Woody x

derby
Level Contributor
569 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: sultan gardens - beach and snorkelling

thanks everyone - I may well PM some of you hope thats ok

are there sunbeds on the beach ? and is the beach a reasonable size ?

thanks

Swansea, United...
Level Contributor
883 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: sultan gardens - beach and snorkelling

yep, sunbeds galore ( before about 10.30 am) & lots empty in the afternoon too.

beach is big enough for the hotel, we always found a quiet spot away from the animation stage . only real gripe about the beach is that the toilets are up on the "promenade " & there`s not enough bar staff to serve drinks at the busiest times.

kathy

6. Re: sultan gardens - beach and snorkelling

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 16 July 2009, 11:24
England, United...
Level Contributor
2,409 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: sultan gardens - beach and snorkelling

I quite like the look of the Sultan gardens :)

Kathy, are there safe spots where you can wade into the sea to snorkel instead of using the jetty?

I prefer to wade in if possible as I normally have heavy camera equipment and find it a bit of a faff going in of a jetty.

Also do you know how deep the sea is near the end of the jetty?

Sharon - I was dissapointed by the snorkelling when I stayed at Hilton Sharks Bay, mainly because they had speedboats zipping back & forth from the jetty making noise and spilling fuel!! I did complain to the manager about it, but they said people want banana boat rides etc.!

My OH has just come back from Hilton Sharks Bay and he said the food wasn't as good as it was a few years ago, though the room & pool on the new side was very good.

Good luck in your choice!

MM x

Swansea, United...
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
9,995 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: sultan gardens - beach and snorkelling

Hi Mutley

I went there in May, met Basel and had a tour, I was impressed and they didn't have enough time to 'put down the red carpet' so I was seeing it as it is. He has/is putting huge investments into the hotel,

I met some of the managers and staff, who were all lovely, I ate there and the choice was very good, everything was spotless, they do try and cater for everyone

I saw the beaches, but didn't snorkle, but understand it's very good and as it's around the corner from the Golf, where I stay, then it should be very similar and it's excellent there

Regards

barbarah

Swansea, United...
Level Contributor
883 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: sultan gardens - beach and snorkelling

hi MM

there IS am option to get into the sea via 2 sunken jetties , but not very easy . husband tried both of them & found it too risky . we did see people doing it sucessfully , but maybe it depends on exactly where the water level is ?

depth off the jetty is about 15-20ft ( i think )

2 ladders & usually a staff member present ( maybe he could pass your gear to you ? )

there is a speedboat there, but its got its own roped off section & the boys are VERY slow & careful when going in or out of the jetty area , we spent all week at the beach , husband snorkels about 4 hrs a day & never had a problem . he says its the best reef he`s been to ( included 4 tiran trips, ras mo & 3 other hotel reefs ! )

as barbarah reported , have to agree with everything she said re food, cleanliness,staff etc.

any more questions , happy to help

kathy

derby
Level Contributor
569 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: sultan gardens - beach and snorkelling

I am still very undecided - I was aboutready to book but the last couple of reviews have made me a bit hmm.

I have to ask what keeps being posted and then removed ??

Sharon

Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh