We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thomas cook not charging for changing hotel

wirral
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Topic
Thomas cook not charging for changing hotel

I have just changed my hotel to the Hilton sharks Bay fron the Sunrise Tirana was happy to pay upgrade for 5 star hotel but no admin charges they said they were only informed of changes in hotel facilities last week and a letter would have been sent eventually feel much better now. I had to puch but travel agent understood my concerns.

cheshire
Level Contributor
622 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thomas cook not charging for changing hotel

ive just phoned too they said they would change me but not charge just waiting for them 2 get back 2 me with options of where 2 change how much did they charge u?

wirral
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Thomas cook not charging for changing hotel

Sorry for the delay been to collect daughter from airport we have paid £500 to upgrade to the Hilton 5* and for 4 adults and 1 child feel so much better now. This was around £1000 more when i first looked before booking. TC are now accepting there is a problem with sunrise

cheshire
Level Contributor
622 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thomas cook not charging for changing hotel

yes they must no there is something wrong. i was hopping mad this morning my travel agent rang my heatr leapt i thought she was going 2 say tc had cancelled the hotel and were moving me. but alas no they told me theyd recieved a letter from tc outlining the things that were not available at the hotel. how ironic i was about 2 phone thomas cook 2 complain about these things. i am still waiting on a phonecall from them about changing but i am going 2 argue the toss if they want more money from its not our fault is it

Morecambe
Level Contributor
3,842 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thomas cook not charging for changing hotel

DONT GIVE THEM A PENNY . i been following this and its awfull.

cheshire
Level Contributor
622 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thomas cook not charging for changing hotel

i dont intend 2 nadia if they ever ring me back

Liverpool
Level Contributor
678 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thomas cook not charging for changing hotel

Hi I have just left a message on your thread hope this might help

Morecambe
Level Contributor
3,842 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Thomas cook not charging for changing hotel

really hope it goes well for you and your boys.

cheshire
Level Contributor
622 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Thomas cook not charging for changing hotel

i intend 2 make the most of it i need a holiday after all this stress!!!!!!!!!!

england
Level Contributor
446 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Thomas cook not charging for changing hotel

Hi Wirral

If you had to change your hotel because the one you booked with TC was falsely advertised and not all facilities were open then you should not have had to pay a penny to change to a hotel that had the same facilities you booked in the first place whether it was an upgrade or not.

TC should have by law paid the difference .

You really need to take this up with them to claim back your £500.

Newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Thomas cook not charging for changing hotel

Thomas Cooks Terms and conditions

Changes Made By Us Before Travel

From time to time we may have to change details of the Holiday you have booked. If any change will have a significant effect on your Holiday, we will tell you about it before your Holiday, if there is time. Changes we will tell you about include:

Change of your UK departure airport

Significant change of your destination

A change of more than 12 hours to the time you leave the UK or your destination

If we downgrade your accommodation by one full 'Tour Operator' rating or

If the swimming pool will not be available for an extended period during your Holiday and no alternative pool is available either at the property or nearby.

If you do not want to accept a significant change, which we will tell you about before your Holiday, we will, if we are able to do so, offer you an alternative Holiday of equivalent or closely similar standard and price at no extra cost, or a less expensive Holiday, in which case we will refund the difference in price. If you do not wish to take the alternative we offer you, you can choose another Holiday from us and pay, or receive a refund of, any price difference. Or, if you prefer, you can cancel your Holiday and receive a full refund of any money you have paid to us, except for any amendment charges. We will consider an appropriate refund of insurance premiums paid if you can show that you are unable to transfer or reuse your policy.

Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh