We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cycling in Naama Bay

london
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Topic
Cycling in Naama Bay

Hi

Our hotel the MJV states that there is bicycle hire available.

One of our party is an avid cyclist and would normally hire for a few days, I have seen on old threads that this is not good idea due to the poor drivers etc

Is there no specific route/pathways that has now been created since the last threads were added,the last I have read are dated 2007

Why would a hotel off cycle hire if there is no where to cycle?

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
244 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cycling in Naama Bay

I have yet to see a single cyclist in an part of Sharm let alone Neamma Bay

the quality of driving has not improved especially at night where they still drive WITHOUT lights to save electricity ( I'm not kidding that's thier reasoning)

Add to that the bottle necks the HUGE speed ramps add and no there are not any cyclepaths even the footpaths are not very good once you get away from the centre

Troodos Mountains...
Destination Expert
for Troodos Mountains
Level Contributor
1,134 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cycling in Naama Bay

I support the advice for use on most of the roads as driving in Sharm is extremely bad with a high accident rate plus the road surfaces are very variable.

I wonder if the bikes are mountain bikes as the open areas are probably close by and exploration by bike rather than quad bike would be possible? I have no experience of this activity being rather idle and it sounds like hot hard work.

Cairo, Egypt
Level Contributor
648 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cycling in Naama Bay

The only pathways specific for bicycles is in Nabq bay and it's not so long!

In Naama Bay, on the pedestrians promenade the bicycles aren't allowed.

Riding bicyles on the same streets of the cars could be very very dangerous !

Unfortunly in Egypt car accident is the second-highest cause of death in the country

Doncaster, United...
Destination Expert
for Nabq Bay, Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
1,197 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cycling in Naama Bay

Hi,

I dont know where your hotel is but in Nabq there is a cycle track that goes a couple of miles by the side of the main Peace road or I have spoken to people who have cycled a paved pathway along the sea front in nabq that goes down to the mangrove area and recommend it as a good ride ( in the winter.. wouldnt fancy it in the summer ). Never done it myself so can only repeat what im told, but i see these people go off on their bikes in a morning and dont come back til late afternoon so they definatley ride off somewhere with their rucksacks. Might be an idea to contact the hotel and ask ?

5. Re: Cycling in Naama Bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 January 2010, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh