We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Fish a Good Idea!!

essex
Level Contributor
227 posts
Save Topic
Is Fish a Good Idea!!

Hi Guys

Im not a fan of meat so generally my diet is based on fish, is it safe to eat the fish in Sharm or are there certain fish to avoid, I am not into anything with shell on like prawns and things like that, but is eating normal fish like Cod or Salmon safe to do so in Sharm?

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh, Red Sea and Sinai, Side
Level Contributor
20,337 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is Fish a Good Idea!!

Hi,

I've eaten it & been fine but I expect there will be those who say to avoid.

Regards

Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
98 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is Fish a Good Idea!!

Hi Bettyboo90,

My partner and I love fish and we found a great seafood restaurant which severed a lovely platter of mixed shell fish and fish. However, we were both very ill the next day with upset stomach and we put it down to the shell fish. Maybe we were just unlucky, but if I went to Sharm again, I would probably not eat the shell fish, unless it was in the hotel.

Have a great time!

Kaz

Warwick, United...
Level Contributor
1,414 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Is Fish a Good Idea!!

Hi

I love fish - diving with them and eating them too (especially when drizzled with fresh lemon juice).

However on holiday in Sharm we avoid fish dishes on the menu. Its just not worth the risk of ending up extremely sick.

Ian

essex
Level Contributor
227 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Is Fish a Good Idea!!

Thanks for that Kaz, as I mentioned Im not a fan of the shell fish, so hopefully if I avoid it then I shouldnt have any problems

South Shields
Level Contributor
51 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is Fish a Good Idea!!

Hi bettyboo90

No problems with fish in Sharm lots of variety and very fresh, we had prawns and lobster with no ill effects. We ate at the Ghazala beach bar at least 5 times and also ate fish and prawns in the Dananeer

restaurant in Naama Bay If you go to the Ghazala Beach they have the fish of the day all displayed on ice at he front of the bar you just tell them what you want and they cook it for you there and then absolutely delicious dont be put off eating the fish as you will be missing out.

Hope you have a great holiday we are flying out on the 20th Aug will be having lots of fish again

Enjoy

Habibi 2007

UK
Level Contributor
1,773 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is Fish a Good Idea!!

You won't find cod or salmon in Sharm!

Swansea, United...
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
10,005 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is Fish a Good Idea!!

Hi bettyboo

I always eat fish there, never had a problem so far, there are some very good fish restaurants, Old Sharm

Regards

barbarah

essex
Level Contributor
227 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Is Fish a Good Idea!!

Is it only shell fish they have there? So no cod or Salmon for me then, as im not a fan of shell fish

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh, Red Sea and Sinai, Side
Level Contributor
20,337 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Is Fish a Good Idea!!

Hi,

We had salmon in Na'ama Bay a yr last Dec........the restaurant has sinced closed as a shopping mall has been built where it used to be but the manager & some of the waiters are at Viva Beach, on the prom, in front of the dive school. They have a large menu but didn't particularly notice when there earlier this yr, if they had salmon or cod.

Regards

UK
Level Contributor
1,773 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Is Fish a Good Idea!!

Cod is an Atlantic fish and Sharm is nowhere near the Atlantic. Salmon needs fresh water to breed, there are no suitable places near Sharm. So you will not find cod or salmon.

You will find "normal" fish that lives in the sea near Sharm, but it won't be cod or salmon.

Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh