We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

thompson red sea magic

Scarborough, United...
Level Contributor
34 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
thompson red sea magic

hi im going on this trip on the celabration on 31/12/09 any info on ports of call would be big help

NOTTINGHAM UK
Level Contributor
316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: thompson red sea magic

We are only on the cruise but we stayed at dreams beach about 3 years ago, we loved it. Looking forward to the cruise but just hoping I dont get sea sick !

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: thompson red sea magic

We did,nt get sea sick on the Celebration, but did on the Royal Caribbean, which was very rocky at times. We just went to the medical centre and they gave us some tablets that took it straight off. I,m more worried about getting an upset stomach.

NOTTINGHAM UK
Level Contributor
316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: thompson red sea magic

yes i have heard if you go to the ships doc they will sort you out, I dont want a upset stomache either !

Wales
Level Contributor
47 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: thompson red sea magic

Hi I did this cruise last year had a brilliant time first day is to Aqaba in Jordan there is a free shuttle bus from theb port to the town .If you want to go to Wadi Rum desert then there are loads of taxis in the town where you can negotiate a price or just spend your time wandering around the Jordanian people are very friendly.On day 2 i went on the organised trip to Petra fabulous but a lot of walking cost was about £70 including admission and lunch ,this can be booked with a taxi in the town if there are 4 of you it may work out cheaper for 2 i dont think it will bearing in mind admission and lunch would have to be paid by you as well. I also went on the Pyramids tour booked this again on the boat I did not see any other way of getting there and you do need a guide as there is a lot of hassle at the pyramids even the police want payment !!.I did not go to Luxor as the boat broke down but again this is about 3hrs from the port so a taxi would be expensive.There is a duty free shop on board wher spirits and cigarettes can be purchased I also took some with me and no one questioned it .Have a fab time a brilliant cruise I would do this again x

NOTTINGHAM UK
Level Contributor
316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: thompson red sea magic

What sort of hassel did you get at the pyramid's?

Brum
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
26. Re: thompson red sea magic

Excellent.

We fly out tomorrow morning!

Will post after we return

Many thanks

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh, Red Sea and Sinai, Side
Level Contributor
20,179 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: thompson red sea magic

Hi,

Re: pyramids - Police want tips for your taking their photos, vendors want tosell you their wares &/or have tips for taking pics with your own camera!

It's not as bad as it was with vendors in that they are kept back to a certain degree but you need to be aware of the potential scam involving paying to get your own camera back if someone takes a photo for you......so don't give your camera over to anyone you don't know.

Giza Plateau

…photobucket.com/albums/…

Suburbs near Giza

…photobucket.com/albums/…

Always agree a price for anything like a camel ride or taxi ride BEFORE you get on / in.

Pay in Egyptian money as they will use the exchange rate to their advantage if you pay in hard currency.

Be careful of anyone asking you to change £1 coins that they have been given as tips into notes as they don't always give you bone fide coins within the bunch thye place in your hands.

Don't accept anything as a "free gift" because you "have beautiful eyes" or a "lovely smile" or hubby is a "lucky man to have you" etc as they will soon reappear & ask for the money.

Watch out for young bedouin kids trying to sell you their trinkets.

No photos are allowed inside any of the Giza pyramids so you have to leave cameras at the entrance with guards (they don't charge) & the same applies at the museum.

Our group's tour costs included private time inside the Great Pyramid which is why there are photos of the inside on the above links.

Only a certain number of people ar allowed in the Great Pyramid daily; no restrictions on numbers on the others.

You may get hassle / stares / cat calls if one is not dressed conservatively with knees & shoulders / cleavage covered. Some posters say they dressed in shorts & didn't notice any stares etc......it's up to you but I always wear at least 3/4 length trousers & a top that's not too revealing.

Regards :-)

Regards

Regards

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh, Red Sea and Sinai, Side
Level Contributor
20,179 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: thompson red sea magic

:-S

Unsure why I went a bit crazy with the "regards"!

Just noticed you're from Nottm, Daney!

NOTTINGHAM UK
Level Contributor
316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: thompson red sea magic

Hiya, thank's very much for your tips and yep im from good old Notts

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
13 reviews