We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snorkelling for people with glasses

Which Sharm El Sheikh hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
England
Level Contributor
22 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Snorkelling for people with glasses

I am short-sighted with astigmatism. Can anyone please advise what are my options for snorkelling - can I wear a mask while wearing my glasses or do I need a special mask? If I need a special mask, where can I get it? Many thanks in advance.

Troodos Mountains...
Destination Expert
for Troodos Mountains
Level Contributor
1,075 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: Snorkelling for people with glasses

The most important point is the fit of the mask to your face. I remember that the staff tried different masks on me for comfort and also checked that the mask stayed on without using the straps when I inhaled through my nose while the mask was on my face. Not all passed this test. Once you have a reasonable mask it lasts for years with proper care particularly rinsing in clean water after use.

spain
Level Contributor
115 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Snorkelling for people with glasses

just out of curiosity..what price region should i be looking at for a mask with perscription lences?

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
256 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Snorkelling for people with glasses

Got mine from specsavers. Lenses that you just slot in and sit behind the Mask glass. Complete just under £80 and just took a week from ordering to pick up

Greater Manchester...
Level Contributor
74 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Snorkelling for people with glasses

Like the previous poster I got a prescription mask from spec savers. Purchased in late June at a cost of just over £40.

I did have a but of a problem the first time I wore it - the clip on glasses rubbed by nose and caused it to bleed (wasn't too bad). After adjusting them slightly I had no further problems.

Its like another world when you can see lol. Highly recommended!!

spain
Level Contributor
115 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Snorkelling for people with glasses

Hi holidaymaker 39...

I didn't realise mask lences would only cost 40 pounds...What have you decided to do? Rather than paying 20 for lences for a week i could get these and have them for ,perhaps years...Will I get the use out of them.?? I dont know..my children and hubby go off for hours during the summer whilst i read a mag on the beach..This could be the start of something big!

Swansea, United...
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
9,973 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Snorkelling for people with glasses

Hi Palmera

Once you've done it, you won't stop!!!

Regards

barbarah

17. Re: Snorkelling for people with glasses

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 March 2010, 04:18
Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh