We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sunrise island garden --- money exchange?

birmingham
Level Contributor
584 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
sunrise island garden --- money exchange?

only me!!!

does anybody know if the above hotel offers money exchange? going to get our money over there as i hear you get a better exhange rate. i for some reason thought it didn't not sure if i read that somewhere.

can someone confirm for me please?

muchos gracies :-)

Swansea, United...
Level Contributor
883 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: sunrise island garden --- money exchange?

just replied to the very same question from someone asking from island view .

we`re at the same hotel from thusday for 2wks .

haven`t checked on banking facilities there because there`s a bank just outside the hotel entrance so we`ll use that if no exchange at hotel .

will try & find out before we leave ( 6am to bristol from home ) if that`s any use to you ? when do you go ?

kathy

Swansea, United...
Level Contributor
883 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: sunrise island garden --- money exchange?

s`okay sunshine , we`re in luck ! they have an "exchange machine " ( basically a hole in the wall job that changes english £ `s into EP

that`s us sorted then .

kathy

birmingham
Level Contributor
584 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: sunrise island garden --- money exchange?

kme you make me chuckle replying to both my posts.

so which hotel are you staying?

i think i'm even more confused now lol. which hotel has the hole in the wall? do you get charged using your bank card abroad though? i thought you did.

we're staying at the sunrise island garden view (the hotel that doesn't have the beach) - i think you're at the sister hotel with the beach, am i right?

thanks for all your help even though you have got me slightly confused (doesn't take much though lol)

we're not off there until nov - got 7 weeks to wait boo hoo :-(

Swansea, United...
Level Contributor
883 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: sunrise island garden --- money exchange?

no.... we`re at SUNRISE ISLAND GARDEN ( if we ever get there , at this rate it`ll be a miracle ! )

totally my fault for not realising i was actually replying to the same person ! my only excuse is that i`m trying to pack as well as sitting on this damned keyboard ! ( will have withdrawal symptoms while we`re away )

lets try & get this sorted ( i PROMISE not to confuse you again )

the "garden " has an exchange machine , which you just feed in ££`s & it gives you EP back , ok so far ?

there is a bank just outside the hotel that has a normal hole in the wall , which will take your bank card ( as usual ) you do exactly as you would over here & it gives you EP`s instead of english ££ `s .

sorry i can`t help you with the bank charges , think it depends which bank you are with .

could do with us not going till november at this rate ! ( want to swap ? lol )

hope i`ve " cleared " the confusion now , if not ,i`d better switch off this machine & re-try with the packing !

kathy

birmingham
Level Contributor
584 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: sunrise island garden --- money exchange?

i totally understand now ..... many thanks.

you'll have to let me know how you found the hotel then once you're back & any tips you have. we booked this holiday really cheap so i'm a bit nervous.

we had our main hol back in june to cuba this is just an added bonus so couldn't really afford anything too expensive.

the garden has an exhange machine wow, i've not heard of these before in hotels. so if the bank wasn't open on sunday for some reason we could always use this or if the bank wasn't open on a night & we wanted to go namma bay for a few hours could just use this before we go. i bet the exchange rate isn't very good though is it?

thanks for all your help. i wished we were going now i love holidays. we've since booked next years now too hehe x

Swansea, United...
Level Contributor
883 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: sunrise island garden --- money exchange?

yes , you can use the exchange machine 24/7.

wasn`t any difference with the one we used in sultan gardens earlier this year .

will be back on the 1st oct ( probably on HERE by the 2nd ! LOL )of course i will give you any info you want , not been here myself before but have stayed at the sierra next door . main reason we go to this area is that OH likes the reefs around sharks bay , he snorkels 4-5 hrs a day .

glad we finally got it sorted , my apologies for the mix up , think my head is now officially in the suitcase ! LOL

will write when we get back, kathy

birmingham
Level Contributor
584 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: sunrise island garden --- money exchange?

no need to say sorry i totally understand you are offically in holiday mode, well nearly.

i hope you have a fantastic time & can't wait to read all about it. i will be bombarding you with questions i'm affraid lol.

we've never been to sharm/egypt before so really looking forward to it.

ENJOY!!!!!! X

Swansea, United...
Level Contributor
883 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: sunrise island garden --- money exchange?

bless you ! ( and your sense of humour ! )

get your list of questions ready , I`LL BE BACK

:) kathy

9. Re: sunrise island garden --- money exchange?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 March 2010, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh