We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Why does a bad review make you a lier?????

england
Level Contributor
876 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Why does a bad review make you a lier?????

It annoys me that before you go away on holiday people on the forum ask you when you get back can you write a review but when the review isnt positive people assume your lying,i wrote a review judged on my two weeks away to the sunrise tirana and i gave a honest review on my familys two week holiday i have no reason to lie, but while my two week holiday wasnt all good somebody that goes a month later will experience a different type of holiday (ie no children) would people prefer me to make up a load of lies of our experience oh well i have had my little moan but it does annoy me .....

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh, Red Sea and Sinai, Side
Level Contributor
20,258 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Why does a bad review make you a lier?????

Hi,

Who says that you're not telling the truth?

Regards

merseyside
Level Contributor
7,950 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Why does a bad review make you a lier?????

I think the OP means this thread Nef...

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g297555-i9225-k3…

coventry
Level Contributor
2,721 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Why does a bad review make you a lier?????

I think what has annoyed you the most is that the same problems you experienced did not happen to others judging by your comments .

This could be that as a new hotel they are ironing problems out as they go which is how all new hotels do it or that the problems you had did occur to others but they just took them in their stride and did not class them as important .

Nobody has called you a liar in any post i read so i really don't know where you are coming from !

england
Level Contributor
876 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Why does a bad review make you a lier?????

I think you will find in the last review it was stated "if you read the bad reviews dont believe them " well i never lied when i wrote that review i told a honest account of what happened in our two weeks at the hotel Iam not annoyed by the reviews geting better because not all of my review was negative, people go away for two weeks at different times and my judgment of the reviews that people are enjoying themselves more in september because the hotel is not overcrowded.

When i read these reviews i read the good and the bad, i went with a very open mind otherwise i would have changed the hotel but i wouldnt dis believe what the reviews were like in the july month because thats what happened to them people in that month...

but i have learnt my lesson in maybe not going to a brand new hotel you live and learn in life....

sussex
Level Contributor
1,587 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Why does a bad review make you a lier?????

I wouldn't let it worry you as some people do seem to get very protective of a hotel they like.

I was checking the reviews today for the amararte garden palms as a friend was looking to book. This hotel gets very mixed reviews with loads saying ignore the bad and the service was great ect. Then you read on and find they were tipping a fiver a day!!!! (no wonder they got great service as not many will be throwing fivers around) or ripped off £13 in the chemist for medicine that should cost around £1. They still think they had a great time and everything was wonderful but anyone reading can see they were ripped off and/or vastly overtipped to get the good service.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Cairo, Egypt, Nile River Valley, Luxor
Level Contributor
10,157 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Why does a bad review make you a lier?????

I wouldn't worry Princessrhy, I don't think anyone meant it personal. It's just something people say when their experience is totally different from yours.

For what it is worth, I thought your review was well balanced and included both negative and positive points about the hotel, certainly did not come across as lies or moaning, just problems your family encountered. It is up to the individual to decide if those things bother them or not, I want to hear both positive & negative reviews of each hotel, thanks for writing it.

Lancashire
Level Contributor
3,493 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Why does a bad review make you a lier?????

It isn't a reflection on you Princessrhy, it is more a reflection on the people who don't know how to report in a balanced way.

Rather than saying that they didn't experience the same things as you they say that you are talking rubbish and what you have said isn't true.

I wouldn't worry about it. You come across these kind of people all the time in life.

england
Level Contributor
876 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Why does a bad review make you a lier?????

thanks guys you are all totally right, everybody as totally different expectations of your own holiday but when i read dont believe the bad reviews,its comes across that you have made it up and that results to the review being a lie which just wasnt the case,and i really hope this hotel can turn around which i have said if it can bring in the money it would thanks all ....

coventry
Level Contributor
2,721 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Why does a bad review make you a lier?????

Hi

The trick is to neither believe or disbelieve any single review but to take a cross section of them to help you decide .

Also cross check the reviewer as im more likely to believe somebody who has done several reviews in different countries .

In fact your review was not a bad one .... it was balanced with good and bad so it was more middle of the road .

Sadly due to not knowing who anybody is on these forums or their motives it is getting ever harder to get an objective opinion and a lot more work is needed to sort out those who you think are bogus .

Welwyn Garden City...
Level Contributor
1,870 posts
219 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Why does a bad review make you a lier?????

The whole point of TA is for people like you and everyone else to write their opinions on a hotel. No one is going to have exactly the same holiday as the next person as we all like different things. Some people have a wonderful time and love their hotel and then get snotty when people say the slightest word against it. Try to ignore it and just carry on reviewing for TA like the rest of us. I find TA invaluable when researching where to stay on holiday and many times I find a brilliant hotel with fantastic reviews only to book and then find damning reports appearing! Egypt is not like a lot of other countries and some people do not research properly before they go. They may have problems at the airport or be hassled to death in Naama Bay, or get a tummy upset and then state on their hotel review that they had a bad holiday - not always the hotel's fault at all.

So as said by others, you just have to read all the reports and come out with a balance in between. :-)

Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh