We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can we get our seven year old a camel ride?

Herefordshire, UK
Level Contributor
144 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Can we get our seven year old a camel ride?

Just booking and told our daughter "guess what we're all going to Egypt" - the delighted reply "yay (jumping up and down), cool can I go on a camel?"

We were planning on spending the week in grounds of hotel and on the hotel's beach! How far would we have to go to get her a camel ride?! Do they even do camel rides just for a few minutes? - think she has image of camel rides along the beach like donlkey rides here.

Gloucestershire.
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
1,439 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can we get our seven year old a camel ride?

I saw a camel in the middle of Naama Bay- just opposite Hard Rock cafe...... that had to stand and 'pose' for photos. People also got a ride in a huge circle - all of about 1 minute (!)...... It did look well looked after - so might be 'ok' for your daughter.

england
Level Contributor
876 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can we get our seven year old a camel ride?

if you go to soho square there are loads of camels there for your daughter to ride on and they go so slow you can walk along side.

manchester
Level Contributor
1,417 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can we get our seven year old a camel ride?

Hi Apples,

If you choose to stay at the Holiday Village, there's a man and his camel on the beach everyday for the kids to ride on. Camels name was Bobby and my 2 loved him!!

Morecambe
Level Contributor
3,842 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can we get our seven year old a camel ride?

The royal albatros also has a few camels on the beach , they also have horses.

North Lanarkshire
Level Contributor
174 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Can we get our seven year old a camel ride?

Hi,

Coral Sea Resort has a residential camel, Bobby and sometimes there is another. On the Egyptian night you get a camel ride to the Bedouin Tent under the hotel which is fantastic.

LK

Welwyn Garden City...
Level Contributor
1,847 posts
216 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Can we get our seven year old a camel ride?

There was also one outside the Hilton Sharks Bay that was available for rides. I saw a young 'special needs' girl who was having the time of her life and really enjoy herself, it was lovely to see her having such a great time.

Herefordshire, UK
Level Contributor
144 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Can we get our seven year old a camel ride?

Seems this could be a real possibility then. She'll be over the moon. We are at the 4 seasons and for that money they should be able to find me a spare camel!!

8. Re: Can we get our seven year old a camel ride?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 March 2010, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh