We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trips to the pyramids from Sharm el Sheikh

Munster
Level Contributor
51 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Trips to the pyramids from Sharm el Sheikh

Hi Guys

I am heading to Sharm in JAn for 10 days, and am looking to do a day trip to Cairo to see the pyramids and maybe sneak in a trip on the Nile.

Can any one advise me on the cost of these trips and who to book with, I understand the tour operators at some of the resorts will try milk you for a bit more money.

Looking to fly up in the morning early bells and be bak that same night.

Thanks and look forward to hearing your responses.

Bellevue, Washington
Level Contributor
60 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trips to the pyramids from Sharm el Sheikh

When we were in Sharm we saw the postings for trips to Giza, Luxor etc in different hotels. Sorry I don't remember the price, but once you get there you can negotiate or maybe you can ask the hotel you are staying in.

2. Re: Trips to the pyramids from Sharm el Sheikh

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2009, 15:57
merseyside
Level Contributor
7,949 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trips to the pyramids from Sharm el Sheikh

Aside from booking with agents as mentioned it is possible to book a DIY.

www.egyptair.com putting 'egypt' as your home country for the best prices. Play around with times and dates for the best prices. Book earlier rather than later as the flights don't necessarily drop nearer the time. Friday is a good day to go as the traffic is a lot less. Seen a few flights lately for around the £45-£50pp return mark.

Then organise a private guide to meet you at Cairo airport. This will then give you your own individual tailored tour. Some guides will price up just their fee while others will include entrance fees and lunch. There are lots of recommendations on here , type in 'guide' in the search bar to read others experiences. I personally have used www.reallifeegypt.com and www.egyptguest.com I usually arrive for 8am and leave around 8-9pm.

Whichever way you do it I hope you have a great time...Cairo is amazing.

Karen

4. Re: Trips to the pyramids from Sharm el Sheikh

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 April 2010, 05:34