We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booked 11am Today flying 11am Thursday- Questions

Scotland
Level Contributor
14 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Booked 11am Today flying 11am Thursday- Questions

All a bit last minute but looked at reviews on TA and booked the Sea Garden for a week AI. It will be our first time to Egypt.

Can you do a boat trip for a day just for swimming, snorkeling and relaxing. We are used to going to Kalkan in Turkey and for a day on a boat doing this sort of thing it is about £17.00 per person including lunch and my daughter loves it so would be handy to know?

We only intend to chill at resort so no need for visa?

Any other useful info for first timers?

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
944 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Booked 11am Today flying 11am Thursday- Questions

Hi no need for a visa if you are not leaving sharm, just write Sinai only on the card they give you to fill in.

Make sure you haggle for a taxi transfer from the airport & if you go out & about (unless you have got transfers included) they will try & overcharge you but if you haggle you could half, even quater the price.

Take some lanacane or anti itching cream in case you get bitten - lots of mozzies & bitey little thngs flying around.

Look on the tips for first timers thread (Sticky) topic up at the top, loads of useful info on taxi's, weather, tipping & everything else on there.

Have fun.....18 Sleeps for us :)

Gloucestershire.
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
1,459 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Booked 11am Today flying 11am Thursday- Questions

All I can say is LUCKY YOU !!!!!!!!!........

I've got 7 weeks to wait until my 5th trip out there - can't come quickly enough!!!!!

Hope you have a great time - Let us know how you get on!

Scotland
Level Contributor
14 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Booked 11am Today flying 11am Thursday- Questions

Thanks for the info.

Another question, is there a lot of free Wifi?

England, United...
Level Contributor
2,409 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Booked 11am Today flying 11am Thursday- Questions

Hi,

Sorry I don't know about wifi, but have a look at the "Tips for 1st timers" thread at the top of this forum as it contains lots of useful info.

Maybe print it out & take it with you?

Have a great time!

MM x

Gloucestershire.
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
1,459 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Booked 11am Today flying 11am Thursday- Questions

Yes... we usually take a small laptop, and can get free WiFi at the camel bar, and that area. TGIF's outside.... Tche Tche's (Coffee shop).... wonderful place to sit and watch the world go by.....McDonalds.... Ghazala Beach Bar.... plus many more - I'm sure others will tell you about!

Swansea, United...
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
10,005 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Booked 11am Today flying 11am Thursday- Questions

Hi there

Please read the Tips for 1st Timers, at the top of the messages, most of the info you will need is there. Don't take Scottish notes, you will have a proble changing them.

There are great boat trips, in my opinion Tiran Island is the best one, the other good one is Ras Mohammad (visa required) the price is about the same as the Turkish boat trips, inc lunch and soft drinks.

Plenty of offices in Naama Bay to book these trips.

Regards

barbarah

Buckinghamshire...
Level Contributor
3,098 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Booked 11am Today flying 11am Thursday- Questions

Depends where you go on your boat trip as to whether you need a visa or not. I seem to remember when I stayed in Sharm and went to Ras Mohammed (2006) that I had to show the police my visa and passport at the port. We went on a boat trip in a huge boat, with only about 12 people on it besides the crew. Normally when I have been to Greece or similar they pack you on. We could have fit another 30 or so people on. It included lunch, snorkelling, transport, drinks and a guide to the sea! Great fun and sorry I can't remember the cost but I think we paid about £30 for two of us.

Our guide was really good when we were snorkelling, but he scared us when he stopped and started screaming. It seems a nearby boat had a dog on board who decided to go swimming and I guess the furry legs in the water swimming in front of him, scared him! Hilarious!

8. Re: Booked 11am Today flying 11am Thursday- Questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 April 2010, 05:19
Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh