We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sharm airport & temp checks!!

birmingham
Level Contributor
584 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Sharm airport & temp checks!!

Hi Guys

I returned from sharm over the weekend & before i travelled there were alot of threads flying around about people setting off the heat sensors at the airport & been put in quarantine.

I just wanted to put peoples minds at rest, i don't know where these rumours came from but there is no sign of any heat sensors or any temperature check at all to be honest. Everything is normal.

you are just given a white form to fill in asking if you have had any of the symptoms listed.

hope this puts people's minds at rest as i know i was worried before flying due to the threads flying around xx

Swansea, United...
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
9,982 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sharm airport & temp checks!!

Hi sunshine

Thanks for that, it should [ut peoples' minds at rest and perhaps stop the scaremongering. Hope you had a great time

Regards

barbarah

birmingham
Level Contributor
584 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sharm airport & temp checks!!

had a great time thanks barbarah .

i was a sharm virgin before my visit & i'm glad to say it won't be my last trip there thats for sure. hopefully again next year for a week of winter sunshine yay!!

i miss it so much :-(

x

Swansea, United...
Level Contributor
883 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sharm airport & temp checks!!

sorry to get people worried all over again , but you won`t see " heat sensors " as such . what they use are actually cameras linked to a computer that gives out thermal imaging . the only thing you may see is what looks like a security camera ( yes , they are already installed in sharm airport ) the computer is in a nearby office , watched constantly to see if anyone coming through has a high thermal reading .

kathy

birmingham
Level Contributor
584 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sharm airport & temp checks!!

well there was no camera where we were kathy. we got off the plane caught a shuttle bus across the airport & was rammed in the airport to either queue for a visa or not. then got our form filled it in & went through passport control to get our luggage. def no cameras there.

xx

birmingham
Level Contributor
584 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sharm airport & temp checks!!

no sign of anyone watching a computer either.

we were literally just left to fend for ourselves lol. there were people with clip boards looking for certain people to collect & getting pushed around for visa's but apart from that nothing.

there were just guys wearing white coats & gloves handing out the forms xx

Swansea, United...
Level Contributor
883 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sharm airport & temp checks!!

old terminal , i`m guessing ? can`t say if they are in there or not , we went to the new one & they are mounted high up on the side wall just before the escalator . reason we noticed them is because we install security cameras as part of our work .

moral is , if you are using the new terminal ( only koral blu airline atmo i think ? ) the cameras are there , if its the old terminal , maybe they`re not installed yet , but they will be ?

kathy

s wales
Level Contributor
115 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sharm airport & temp checks!!

Agree with kme. Thermal cameras are there as you queue to get medical form from the guys with the white coats. We travelled at weekend and three or four flights arrived at same time so I don't suppose the cameras were much use and the staff looking at the images seemed to have lost all interest It was the same in Turkey in the summer. Similarly, those paper masks some of the staff wear are offering no protection but at least it makes them feel better

andy

Swansea, United...
Level Contributor
883 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sharm airport & temp checks!!

out of curiosity , was this the old or new terminal ?

birmingham
Level Contributor
584 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sharm airport & temp checks!!

i have no idea all i know is it was terminal 2 i think at sharm airport.

we landed & were in & out. it didn't look very big. think there was only 2 carosols for luggage if i remember correctly, thats all i could see anyway & before that there were about 4 or 5 desks for passport control.

x

preston
Level Contributor
109 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sharm airport & temp checks!!

sunshine birmingham ,

which airline did you fly with

Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh