We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Our Tickets have Arrived......but in a weird format.

London, United...
Level Contributor
546 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Our Tickets have Arrived......but in a weird format.

Happy Times happening in the bernj175 household this morning.

Our Tickets arrived. And with only 26 Sleeps to go. Nice!!!!

But they have arrived in a really weird format. In the form of a 'Book'. It is a mini book with info about Sharm in it and also a map of the Holiday Village. I first though that they had forgot to put the tickets in it as i could not find them...lol

How weird. Has anyone ever had this before or is it something new that First Choice are doing???

Don't get me wrong. I would not care if the tickets came written on recycled loo paper. We have our tickets and will be on our way soon.

Just wanted to see if anyone else has received this type of tickets.

Roll on the 14th December and 2 weeks at The Holiday Village.

west midlands
Level Contributor
211 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Our Tickets have Arrived......but in a weird format.

yep,

we had ours like this from Thomson in April when we went to Cyprus.

Luggage tags and everything should be in there!

kelly

manchester
Level Contributor
1,172 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Our Tickets have Arrived......but in a weird format.

hi, we flew with thomson last nov and ours arrived same i nearly threw it away lol, theyre hidden away in it arent they, tracy

London, United...
Level Contributor
546 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Our Tickets have Arrived......but in a weird format.

We went last year but it was booked only 2 weeks before we went. I guess that is why we never had this format last year then.

Just a very weird way of issuing tickets....

ENGLAND
Level Contributor
239 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Our Tickets have Arrived......but in a weird format.

Yes thats how i have had mine for last 2 two trips, really handy little booklet,don't miss you luggage labels in there too

Gloucestershire.
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
1,443 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Our Tickets have Arrived......but in a weird format.

We've had it our last vacation too !!!

Seem's it's' the way to go' - have a great trip - can't wait for ours 3 1/2 weeks and counting!

suffolk
Level Contributor
275 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Our Tickets have Arrived......but in a weird format.

Hi

Your lucky! when we went to sharm last year we never recieved our tickets from tomas cook! cconsidering we had booked a year in advanced and payed final amount way before due date they did not arrive, numerous phone calls and replies saying 'you can pick them up at the airport'

so we had to travel to airport hoping they would be there! which they were but it didnt make us feel any better when we set off, you need them tickets in your hand so you know that you are def on your way!!

and like it has been said i dont care if it waas on toilet roll it just make me at ease having them tickets in your hand when you set off.

Lorraine

Bury, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,647 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Our Tickets have Arrived......but in a weird format.

I received my tickets a couple of days ago too and we are leaving on the 18th December. Again in the booklet format which we have had before and I find a lot easier to manage.

UK
Level Contributor
1,773 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Our Tickets have Arrived......but in a weird format.

Last 3 times I've been away, I haven't had a ticket. Why do they still use them, it's a waste of trees and pointless to rely on a piece of paper which can easily get lost or forgotten. e-tickets make it so much easier. Just bring your passport, nothing else to remember.

London, United...
Level Contributor
546 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Our Tickets have Arrived......but in a weird format.

Or as i said before,

Use Recycled Loo paper....

I agree with the idea of wasting paper but then again, for that to work, you need the airports on the other end to have the same ability to process etickets.

And some airports i have being in do not have this ability.

preston
Level Contributor
109 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Our Tickets have Arrived......but in a weird format.

first choice have started to do the tickets like thomson have been doing for years

just alittle tip , when you are packing to come home , and you do abit of clear out ,dont throw them away by accident , cause i nearly did one year , cause you do think its an info booklet and forget its your tickets

remember not to tear anything out, but the luggage labels at the back, and try and get someextra labels from your travel agent if you can

Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh
Recent Conversations