We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

internal flights to cairo with egyptair

Tralee, Ireland
Level Contributor
655 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
internal flights to cairo with egyptair

hi we want to book internal day return flight sharm to cairo nxt june ive read here on the forums we are advised to select country as egypt on the egyptair website, are you sure this is ok actually we re from rep of ireland and it doesnt appear on the choice of countries to select, im just a bit worried id like to know b4 i book as the booking will be for not only my family but another family too and i dont want to mess it up or cant afford to mess it up actually!!!

thanks

merseyside
Level Contributor
7,918 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: internal flights to cairo with egyptair

It is fine to book using egypt as your home country, we all do it on here! I have personally done this 6 times over 3 years ;-)

I am sure there will be more replies saying the same

Karen

Edited: 26 November 2009, 14:46
Australia
Destination Expert
for Cairo, Egypt, Nile River Valley, Luxor
Level Contributor
9,689 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: internal flights to cairo with egyptair

No problems as Kaz said, I just got back and booked four flights this time using Egypt as my home country, print out the e-ticket and thats it.

Some members have trouble on the Egyptair website with some credit cards or their computers crashing etc but just try another credit card or another computer, I had no problems either way. Unfortunately the Egyptair website is a bit of a dinosaur and some firewalls object to it.

Tralee, Ireland
Level Contributor
655 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: internal flights to cairo with egyptair

thanks to you both ill try booking later on as ive read it could take a bit of time for it to go thru with all the error messages etc and as ill be booking for 7 people it will prob be a nightmare!!!

Egypt
Level Contributor
105 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: internal flights to cairo with egyptair

Hi there,

The only reason you select egypt as your home country is that it gives the internal flights. If you put another country you only get the flights from that country. If you understand what I mean.

Tralee, Ireland
Level Contributor
655 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: internal flights to cairo with egyptair

thank you duck diver yeah i understand that alright, it only makes sense when you think about it really!! really looking forward to next june...

Edited: 27 November 2009, 14:51
ada
cardiff
Level Contributor
1,190 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: internal flights to cairo with egyptair

duckdiver is wrong - the main reason you put egypt as home country is to pay less for the same ticket internal or international. I booked several flights for various combos of 7 people this way on the website with no problems at all. You get an e-ticket (similar to other web airlines eg ryanair) which you must print off and take with you. You are also meant to have the credit card you booked with at hand but often this is not checked. Egyptair were also very good at informing via your email of any schedule changes - they email you a new e-ticket and give you the choice of changing flight time if the new schedule is not acceptable. At the time of booking use the seat selection option as you are a larger party - this allows you to preselect seats together (no extra cost as is a scheduled airline not LCC)

Egypt
Level Contributor
105 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: internal flights to cairo with egyptair

Never realised that before, but just did a check and found the flights actually a couple of pounds cheaper putting UK as my home country, rather than Egypt. I guess it depends on the day that you book?

ada
cardiff
Level Contributor
1,190 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: internal flights to cairo with egyptair

just checked a random day next june (as per OP) and the return fare SES/Cairo was £110 with UK as home and £44 with Egypt as home so maybe depends on date but it does make a difference when it works especially if you have a few people to buy ( There seemed to be 2 cheaper price tiers you could access when not putting UK as home). IMHO just try it and if it works it works, a lot of TA use it this way.

West country
Level Contributor
26 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: internal flights to cairo with egyptair

A few weeks ago I booked 2 Egyptair return flights to Cairo from Sharm but I am having a problem getting the e-ticket sent to me. I received the confirmation email that said 'you will receive your trip ticket e-mail separately', but this has not been forthcoming. Last week I emailed the web techs who said to check my emails as it was being sent but nothing has arrived. I am very worried as I read on one of the forums that they will not allow us to fly with just the confirmation.

Has anyone any suggetions as to whom I should approach to get my e-tickets?

West country
Level Contributor
26 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: internal flights to cairo with egyptair

A few weeks ago I booked 2 Egyptair return flights to Cairo from Sharm but I am having a problem getting the e-ticket sent to me. I received the confirmation email that said 'you will receive your trip ticket e-mail separately', but this has not been forthcoming. Last week I emailed the web techs who said to check my emails as it was being sent but nothing has arrived. I am very worried as I read on one of the forums that they will not allow us to fly with just the confirmation.

Has anyone any suggetions as to whom I should approach to get my e-tickets?

Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh