We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hilton Sharks Bay - best rooms?

cornwall
9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Hilton Sharks Bay - best rooms?

Hi all, just booked Hilton Sharks Bay for end of Jan and can't wait! Any advice where the nicest rooms are? Bit confused about the new bit versus the old bit.... Are the rooms in blocks around the gardens /pools , if so any suggestions on the ideal position for us?

A sea view/ not too noisy etc . Thanks !

Denmark
Level Contributor
187 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hilton Sharks Bay - best rooms?

If you want the best seaview you should stay at the old side in rooms 101-114 or 201-216. They are close to the sea. But a bit far from the restaurants and pools.

Many people find the old side more charming and with an atmosphere and of course closer to the sea. The old side is a bit worn but everything is kept very clean.

The new side´s rooms are more modern and up to date. If you get a room from 7001-7131, 8001-8122 or 9001-9121 you will have a nice view at the huge poolarea and a beautiful sunset.

I'm not sure if you can choose without paying for an upgrade but the guys at the reception are very friendly. We emailed to get three rooms close to each other as we were a family of six. The reply was they would try but couldn't guarentee it. At arrivel we did have three rooms right next to each other.

No matter what you choose I'm sure you will have a very nice time at HSB - we sure did!

cornwall
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Hilton Sharks Bay - best rooms?

May e mail the hotel and see how I get on, as you say may end up paying for an upgrade . Sounds good wherever we end up!

Thanks for the info!

ascot
Level Contributor
42 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hilton Sharks Bay - best rooms?

Just got back from HSB.

Wouldnt stay on the New Side if they paid me !!

Rooms are a bit nicer with a bigger TV but for me the aircraft noise would be a killer!!

Also very windy up there as its all so open plan (pools also not too warm)

Plenty of shelter in the old part, warm pools and really charming.

cornwall
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Hilton Sharks Bay - best rooms?

Thanks for that miss-heli, nice to know. Think we'll ask to be close to the sea , in the old part of the complex

5. Re: Hilton Sharks Bay - best rooms?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 July 2010, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh