We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sharm El Sheikh - Luxor and the Pyramids

Manchester
Level Contributor
316 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
Sharm El Sheikh - Luxor and the Pyramids

Hello, I am thinking of visitng Sharm El Sheikh at the end of February this year, can anyone tell me how far away the pyramids are from the area? and the best and fastest way to get there, I have always wanted to see them.

Thanks

I meant Giza not Luxor I think!

Edited: 06 January 2010, 13:08
manchester
Level Contributor
1,417 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sharm El Sheikh - Luxor and the Pyramids

Hi,

Pyramids about an hour away via plane, around 7 hrs by bus.

I'm sure someone will answer you with more accurate info :-)

Kyiv
Level Contributor
21,670 posts
324 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sharm El Sheikh - Luxor and the Pyramids

Hi,

Giza pyramids are right next to Cairo. It’s easy to get there from Sharm by EgyptAir domestic flight – takes about one hour. Then you will need a taxi to get to Giza.

Easily doable within half a day, so if your return flight to Sharm is in the evening, you may try to see something else in Cairo - like the Egyptian museum, for instance. With Cairo traffic that will probably be the best to limit your stay to these two major attractions.

Alternatively, if you are interested in pyramids only, you can see some other pyramid’ plateaus after Giza – Saqqara and/or Dahshour.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
74 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sharm El Sheikh - Luxor and the Pyramids

We are just back from Sharm El Sheik and we went to the Pyramids by plane, it was 45 mins on the plane. We booked our trip through Sharm Club which were really good, we went to the Egyptian Museum, a wee boat down the nile, lunch in the Hard Rock Cafe and to the Pyramids and Sphinx.

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
206 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sharm El Sheikh - Luxor and the Pyramids

about an hour by plane and easy to organise ,what i will say about the pyramids is if you want to go inside the great pyramid it is extra and they only allow 1oo people in the morning and 100 in the afternoon,but it is worth it in fact theres more to the giza area than just pyramids and sphinx but on your first visit to cairo it may be wise to do the pyramids and the museum if you can ,but if its an organised tour you will have to take in the obligatory papyrus factory,over inflated prices ,you can buy cheaper in sharm or luxor cheaper.Cairo is exciting and I love it ,please post on here when you get back and let us know what you did and thought

Edited: 06 January 2010, 15:31
Manchester
Level Contributor
316 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sharm El Sheikh - Luxor and the Pyramids

Hi steph0611 - can you give me ideas on prices and hwo long the trip was please?

Manchester
Level Contributor
316 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sharm El Sheikh - Luxor and the Pyramids

Yeah I don't want to stop at unnecessary factories, straight there and back - can advice on which company to use?

London, United...
Level Contributor
546 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sharm El Sheikh - Luxor and the Pyramids

Hi

We just come back a few weeks ago and we did a trip to Cario for the day by plane. We organised it our selves and hired a guide and driver for the day in Cario.

Well worth the long day that you will spend in Cario.

I would recommend this as we did the things that we wanted to do and had no 'hard-sell' shop visits and we also had our guide to our selves for the day. We saw other tour groups with 15-30 people in them.

Cost wise, it was a lot cheaper then booking through the holiday rep and it seemed to be cheaper then what we were quoted from some of the holiday excursion companys that are mentioned on here.

If you want the email address of our guide and the prices we paid, or any other questions, just send me a message.

Bern

PS.

The guide we used is very well known on this website and is very highly recomended on this forum and Cario forum.

8. Re: Sharm El Sheikh - Luxor and the Pyramids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 06 January 2010, 21:33
merseyside
Level Contributor
7,934 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sharm El Sheikh - Luxor and the Pyramids

I would be very wary of posting an email address on here you just might end up with a ton of spam and potential guide offers! Hit the report button and click to get it taken off.

Bern - post what guide you used so that it remains public and transparent.

Edited: 06 January 2010, 21:19
belfast
Level Contributor
1 post
28 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sharm El Sheikh - Luxor and the Pyramids

Thanks for the advice

Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh