We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

767 or 757 from Doncaster??

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,220 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
767 or 757 from Doncaster??

Hi does anyone know whether Thomsons use 767's or 757's from Doncaster to Sharm ?

We flew from there 2 years since but can't remember. Just wondering if its worth booking extra legroom seats if available as its a long flight to be squashed up on.

Thanks

Bury, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,647 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 767 or 757 from Doncaster??

I think you will probably need to check with Thomson as it varies all the time.

uk
Level Contributor
1,274 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 767 or 757 from Doncaster??

We flew from Doncaster in December (an excellent little airport) and it was the 757 - the 3-3 seating arrangement. We're both tall and the seating was, well, just adequate. I don't really think it's worth paying for the extra leg room, unless of course you're really tall.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
1,097 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 767 or 757 from Doncaster??

Todays flight is operated by a Boeing 737-800 according to flightstats.com.

They may put a bigger aircraft on the service once the summer season starts.

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
633 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 767 or 757 from Doncaster??

Hi madmol,

Flew to sharm from Gatwick last September,we got a 767,which is a long haul aircraft,33inch pitched seats,Heaven.When i asked if this was the norm i was told by the cabin crew it depended on how many they had booked,or what was available.So i think it's a pot luck sort of thing.We went to Marsa Alam at Christmas and got a 757,nightmare.28 inch pitched seats.If thomsons were transporting animals in those sort of cramped conditions they would be prosecuted for cruelty to animals.

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,220 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 767 or 757 from Doncaster??

Thanks everyone - looks like we will have to take pot luck. Neither of us are very tall but its a long time sitting cramped up.

6. Re: 767 or 757 from Doncaster??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 July 2010, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh