We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thomson flight from Doncaster!

Which Sharm El Sheikh hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Thomson flight from Doncaster!

Hi everyone,

Not been on here for a while. We going back to hol village in June. Flights from Doncaster have now been changed, only know cos our friends paid balance online and it has told them. They were morning flights going which is now an afternoon flight (not too bad I suppose), but coming home was an evening flight which landed around 21.45. Now it is a night flight, landing 02.10 next morning. The reason we picked to fly from Doncaster was because they were day flights!!! Not good for everyone that has to work the next day as it will be around 4am when we arrive home!! My friends have rang First Choice and they are in the process of sending letters out to everyone who is booked on the Thomson flights...Great!!!

Jo x

uk
Level Contributor
1,274 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thomson flight from Doncaster!

Yes, the Thomson/First Choice flights to Sharm are now afternoon flights (and not just from Doncaster). Sadly, there's little you can do about it but it is annoying, we also like the morning flights.

However, we decided to pay extra to keep the room for the day so, in effect, we had an extra day there. Just did the usual stuff throughout the day then left the beach at about 4.30 in the afternoon for shower, change and packing. At least you won't have to be out of your room by 11am and then hanging about for the afternoon waiting to go to the airport.

Best Regards

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,201 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thomson flight from Doncaster!

Hi I've just checked flights on Thomsons web and our flight times are still the same as when we booked them according to that. We go Thurs 4th March and come back Sun 14th from Doncaster. We fly out at 11.10am and land back at 9.25pm.Do you go different days to us?

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thomson flight from Doncaster!

Hi

we fly out on Thurs 10th June. so it may just be the Thurs flights that have changed, but they def changed as been on as if I was bookin new hol and they new flight times.

Just waiting for them to be confirmed.

Jo

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thomson flight from Doncaster!

Sorry just seen yours is Thursday aswell. It may have changed from a date after you go.

Jo

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,201 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thomson flight from Doncaster!

Well I hope they don't change ours now as have got the parking and everything sorted already as well as work for the day after we get back. Only 45 more sleeps................

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thomson flight from Doncaster!

Just had a look my self on Thomson flights.Its the TOM366 and TOM367 that changes from May onwards.

Jo

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Thomson flight from Doncaster!

I know what you mean. I'm going to have to have extra day off work as we will not get home til about 3.45am and thats if we have no delays!!

Kids will have to have an extra day off school as well, which isn't good as they funny about them having time off school. I'll not tell them about that until after my holiday has been accepted otherwise may end up with a fine.

Jo

8. Re: Thomson flight from Doncaster!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 July 2010, 07:18
Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh