We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Current situation in Naama bay following the storms?

XR6
UK
4 posts
Save Topic
Current situation in Naama bay following the storms?

Can anyone who is in a position to say for sure, please advise as to the current situation in Naama bay following the storms.

Have the hotels been flooded? Is the power back on? Are the roads open? Has the bad weather even subsided yet? How likely is it that holiday makers will be expected to arrive as planned?

Any info at all would be much appreciated by those about to travel in the next couple of days.

Thanks.

Swansea, United...
Level Contributor
883 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Current situation in Naama bay following the storms?

no one seems to know very much at the moment . many of us on here have friends out there ( locals ) & have been trying to get msgs & emails through , but so far nothing has been reported .

apparently , the flights are now back on , so that would suggest that the hotels have solved the immediate problems for guests to be accepted .

sorry i don`t have any first hand news , but if i hear anything definite i will report back .

kathy

newcastle
Level Contributor
813 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Current situation in Naama bay following the storms?

Wow never heard anything like that before in sharm?? I knew it was raining but thought that only lasted 10mins!!

romford
Level Contributor
4,462 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Current situation in Naama bay following the storms?

Me neither. Have been to Egypt 5 times (including January) and never seen a cloud in the sky! Just hope that the weather picks up for everybody that is going out there in the next few days.

Regards,

Pat

UK
Level Contributor
578 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Current situation in Naama bay following the storms?

We are in Nabq Bay - the bad weather started on Sunday evening, thunder, extreme lightning and suddenly strong winds and torrential rain. Our hotel has been damaged by the water, part of the reception ceiling has collapsed and most of the hotel rooms were flooded. Some people had beds flooded but visitor damage appears to be minimal.

All phones, mobiles and internet were out of action until late last night.

Planes are flying and those scheduled to fly out today appear to be preparing as normal.

Today is blue sky and sunshine.

Troodos Mountains...
Destination Expert
for Troodos Mountains
Level Contributor
1,127 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Current situation in Naama bay following the storms?

Had text from Sharm 2 hours ago so phones are back, flat damp but others have worse problems. CNN weather are saying more to come for Middle East and Sinai was included in the swirling cloud image but intensity was more North in Cyprus Turkey direction.

doncaster
Level Contributor
151 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Current situation in Naama bay following the storms?

hi oldbie where are u staying we r going to tropicana aclub azure on sunday

UK
Level Contributor
578 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Current situation in Naama bay following the storms?

cesca we're at Amwaj Oyoun in Nabq Bay - today much is back to normal hotel wise, except the obvious signs of damage. Vendors still selling, inane entertainments still trying to get me to play volleyball and exercise - sun shining and blue sky.

As most if not all accommodation is 'stone' based no issues with soggy wet carpets etc and I am guessing that all hotels will be running at 95% by now.

Shrewsbury
Level Contributor
915 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Current situation in Naama bay following the storms?

Can anyone tell me if there has been any damage at or around the Coral Sea Resort area. My partner and I are due to fly out on friday.

llantwit fardre
Level Contributor
650 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Current situation in Naama bay following the storms?

I have emailed Ahmed in customer service as I was concerned about the staff as well as the hotel. As yet I havent received a reply,I can update you when he makes contact

doncaster
Level Contributor
151 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Current situation in Naama bay following the storms?

thanks oldbie much appreciated fingers crossed r u anywhere near the tropicana club azure

Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh
Recent Conversations