We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

too expensive

Which Sharm El Sheikh hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
stoke on trent
Level Contributor
900 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
too expensive

hello all, it is with sad regret that due to my son now being 13 we can no longer afford to go the coral sea resort. i know its not his fault, but i have to go in school holidays and the price is extortionate(?) we would all love to go back but unless first choice drastically reduce prices, £4,000 is way to dear.

has anyone else found they have had to give up there hols because prices have rocketed. yours sadly i still luvmykidz2

Morecambe
Level Contributor
3,842 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: too expensive

oh how awful ;-( when did you want to go ? can you not just get a last min holiday ?

Sherwood Park...
Level Contributor
259 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: too expensive

What about a different, better priced, resort? There are plenty of nice ones there.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
384 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: too expensive

First Choice do annoy me the prices. You know that they over inflate them so that they look like a good price when the sales come out. I'm looking for November next year and current price is too high but the next "20% off sale" will take it to what it should be. Plus they always try and overcharge you in the shop last time we booked we got the to price match the internet and the price was reduced by £300.

Sorry its too expensive but I hope you work something out and get to go back :-).

stoke on trent
Level Contributor
900 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: too expensive

thanks everyone, we like to go at easter, i suppose i could look for something else, but it just wouldnt be the same. i even tried as soon as the prices came out for 2011, but the price doesnt seem to drop much at all. i think ive been spoilt there!!!

suffolk
Level Contributor
411 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: too expensive

I do feel for you. I too can only go in school hols and the prices of hols have gone up by approx 200 since fri night. Therefore I will have to leave the boy at home and go alone (mind you he is 20 and said would rather go to turkey in summer). I supose many have decided to go at last minute because of the weather - supply and demand hey

Bucks
Level Contributor
473 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: too expensive

Hey,

This is really bad we are returning visitors to coral sea and sometimes we come to the point thats its worth paying the extra sometimes but all you have to do is keep watching the prices they do tend to sometimes go down.

When we booked for april we found a very good price which was fortunate :) what we tend to do is go a few days before the half term break or return a few days later this does cut costs a little as well but I do know the easter break has increased alot!!!

Its very annoying as well for returning customer, if the prices would reduce I know I would be out there alot more but never mind hopefully they will reduce soon :).

We have been looking at Christmas and New Year now those prices are madness a twoo week holiday we are looking at near £6000 now that is madness and definitely ruins it :( hopefully that will go down ALOT soon lol

Scotland
Level Contributor
354 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: too expensive

Yes Luv..it's a disgrace the way the prices are hiked up! I have just booked with the HV and was amazed, while trying to fix it up, how much the prices rose with just one days' difference. I will be taking my 3 children out of school 2 days early because I refuse to pay £1500 more just because it's school hol time. Surely the travel companies would make more money if they stopped this practise? More people could afford to travel ergo..higher turnover..more profit!!

Hope you find something suitable Luv xx

WALES, UK
Level Contributor
551 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: too expensive

Hi we have the same problem we have to go in the holidays and my son's just turned 13 so no free child places anymore:( Everything was coming up so expensive for summer all inclusive so ended up booking marmaris self catering for 2 weeks, but have managed to find a good deal for makadi bay at christmas for 2 weeks with thomas cook, they seem to have the cheaper prices at the moment. At one time i would only ever go with thomson or first choice cos we preffered them but they have gone way to expensive and until they drop they're priceswe wont be going with them!! I think they seriously need to look in to reducing the prices in the school holidays but i suppose while people continue to book them they wont, maybe we should get a petition going!!!

Laura

england
Level Contributor
876 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: too expensive

we are in the same boat as yourself and we have two boysand a daughter the boys are 13 and 15 and we are now paying adult prices for them both and it seems the hotels are lowing the age to when you pay adult for a child, one hotel we looked at the children were being regarded as adults at the age of 11 which is geting so stupid but we also find thomas cook the best in price during school holidays i think first choice are geting greedy in a time of recession its hardly the time to be puting stupid prices on holidays..

northumberland
Level Contributor
266 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: too expensive

Hi, I want to go back to the Sunrise Island View for New Year,the price has gone up by £400 in the last 4 days. I am going to wait as this would make it £600 more than I paid last year.

Sue.

Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh
Recent Conversations