We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

flying with Thomson to Sharm

Uk
Level Contributor
18 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
flying with Thomson to Sharm

I have just seen the seating plan for the plane im flying out on in May and its 2-4-2 , can anyone tell me if these have a little more leg room than the normal 3-3 planes. I have a feeling the 2-4-2 are the long haul planes but I just cant find anywhere that confirms this

Many thanks

oxford, england
Level Contributor
649 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: flying with Thomson to Sharm

How did you find out the seating plan ???

Uk
Level Contributor
18 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: flying with Thomson to Sharm

I was sent an email from them the other day saying we could book out seats so I did and 2-4-2 was the layout. I think you can pre-book your seat 60 days prior to flying with thomsons if you pay an extra £20 i think it was

Lundin Links...
Level Contributor
291 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: flying with Thomson to Sharm

There are also some very knowledgable guys here

www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php…

who can give you all the information if you give them the flight number

manchester
Level Contributor
1,417 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: flying with Thomson to Sharm

EB,

There is a way of finding out (I think lol). I seem to remember this topic coming up last year and there was a way to find out. BUT, I'm afraid I don't know how!! Someone will come on line who does.

London
Level Contributor
82 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: flying with Thomson to Sharm

Im raising my hand for another one who would like to know :D

Im flying out of Gatwick on the 7th September and my flight number is Thomson 536. Looking to find out which plane i will be flying so i can decide if i should be booking extra leg room.

Also, any idea how long the flight is? Webite say 6 1/2 but i hear its only 5 hours, confused :(

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
109 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: flying with Thomson to Sharm

Is this a Thomson flight or are Thomsons using a Thomas Cook plane?

London
Level Contributor
82 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: flying with Thomson to Sharm

I myself booked with First Choice but due to thier merger im fyling on a Thomson plane

yorkshire
Level Contributor
12,058 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: flying with Thomson to Sharm

how do you know its a thomson plane cfc??? we booked with first choice and thought we was flying on a thomson plane because our flight number started with TOM. when we went to get on the plane it was a small old first choice plane.

Bury, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,647 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: flying with Thomson to Sharm

The 2-4-2 are a roomier than the 3-3.

When we flew with Thomson at Christmas we knew it was going to be 3-3, but did not know until we had boarded that it was an old First Choice plane. The colour of the seats made it obvious to me, but how you would find out before hand I have no idea.

oxford, england
Level Contributor
649 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: flying with Thomson to Sharm

The First Choice Travel agent said that all the flights have a TOM flight code now - but its pot luck to whether you get a First Choice/Thomson branded plane !

Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh