We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ive lost my snorkelling gear

Sheffield
Level Contributor
432 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
ive lost my snorkelling gear

Im going to sharm, sunrise tirana in may this year, however.......ive lost my snorkelling gear !!

is it expensive to buy snorkelling equipment in sharm or am i better buying new stuff over here in the UK?

Cheers

Nat

Bubbels Dive Club
Water Sports, Scuba & Snorkeling, Safaris
Serenity Diver
Scuba & Snorkeling
Anar Dive Club
Boat Tours, Water Sports, Dolphin & Whale Watching, Scuba & Snorkeling, Shark Diving
Gloucestershire.
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
1,483 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ive lost my snorkelling gear

Cost us a fiver for decent mask and snorkel......... you can get them in almost any shop out there! Better than packing on to take! We didn't feel the need for flippers!

Sheffield
Level Contributor
432 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ive lost my snorkelling gear

great, cheers for the info, we'll get them there then

thanks again !

only 72 more sleeps !!

thornaby on tees
Destination Expert
for Port El Kantaoui
Level Contributor
3,079 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ive lost my snorkelling gear

most hotel shops stock them but if you are going into town shop around, at the end of our holiday we give them away to a family with children who had just arrived, its not worth bringing them back unles you are returning in the near future

Gloucestershire...
Level Contributor
84 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ive lost my snorkelling gear

I like you had lost mine before going .

So decided to buy new when I got there I bought the lot .... Mask pipe and flippers.......and decided to buy a better mask ( my choice) But dont forget to Haggle hard and you will get a good price ranging from £10 -£15 for a reasonably GOOD quality. One thing a lot were buying ...me included were canvas shoes with nipple soles very good for swimming and getting in around the rocky/coral areas....cost £3

Buckinghamshire...
Level Contributor
3,179 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ive lost my snorkelling gear

I think some hotels hire the stuff out too, but I guess it depends on the cost and if you like to use a snorkel that many have before hand :-)

Gloucestershire...
Level Contributor
84 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: ive lost my snorkelling gear

Yes you are right. I forgot to mention this. We went arond various places that hired the gear and it works out around £4-£5 a day but the problem was that you had to pick it up after 8 .00 and return it by 5 .30pm. I asked whether I could keep it for 2 days .....they were not keen and said No ......Said I could run off with it or fly back to England......could'nt get my head around that one.

So for me the easy option was to buy it

Sheffield
Level Contributor
432 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: ive lost my snorkelling gear

cool, cheers guys i'll buy new gear over there

8. Re: ive lost my snorkelling gear

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2010, 07:18