We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

avon so soft

kent
Level Contributor
45 posts
1 review
Save Topic
avon so soft

Hi

Read lots of posts re mozzies and have purchased some Avon So Soft (soft and fresh) from the net

I remember having this some years ago and it was in a blue/green bottle, the one I received today is in a cream coloured bottle it still says soft and fresh, is it the same?

Has anyone reading this been to a hotel at nabq bay I have read that is not suitable for snorkelling, I don't want to go out deep just far enough to be able to see the fish,

Thanks

Cairo, Egypt
Level Contributor
590 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: avon so soft

Yes its still the smae just new packaging

UK
Level Contributor
578 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: avon so soft

Nabq will allow you to go snorkling from off a jetty - it's not 'deep' deep and generally there is easy access via steps and a 'lifeguard' will be available - you can generally see many fish even without going into the sea.

Glasgow
Level Contributor
241 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: avon so soft

Just back from sharm and we used skin so soft. If you peel the corner of the label on the back and look at the ingredients it will say thalomine or something similar near the bottom of the long list. As long as it says this then it`s the correct one. Ps it only worked for me(my partner still got eaten alive by the pesky things).

St Albans, England
Level Contributor
115 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: avon so soft

Hi,

Last year Which magazine did a test on mosquito repellants. They tried Avon Skin So Soft as any people swear by it to keep mossies away. Their results showed it does not have any repellant properties.

Your best bet is to use something containing DEET.

Have a good holiday !!

West Sussex, England
Level Contributor
1,001 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: avon so soft

I swear by the stuff. Last year in Egypt I used it every evening and didn't get bitten but when I went to Tunisia in October and didn't use it I got bitten alive. I will be taking this with me when I go back to Egypt and Tunisia this year.

Nuneaton, United...
Level Contributor
124 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: avon so soft

I have bought this spray i go in may and it was 3 bottles for a fiver. I read the ingredients and it has cintronella in which is used to get rid of pests. So hopefully it will work.

Norwich England
Level Contributor
554 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: avon so soft

we have been twice to Sharm, Dec 2006 & April 2008 staying in sharks bay and never once got bitten by mossies, were we just lucky or is there ony certain parts of sharm that have them?

portsmouth
Level Contributor
879 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: avon so soft

just had my avon catalogue ...exactly which product do i need to ward off mozzies !!...is it the dry oil spray ...soft and fresh ?

West Sussex, England
Level Contributor
1,001 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: avon so soft

Yep - that's the one I use. I just sprayed it on in the evening so that's when the mozzies were around the most.

aberdeenshire
Level Contributor
652 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: avon so soft

we used it every night before going out and the 1 night i didnt put it on my feet (because i already had on my sandals) was the night i got 7 bites everyone else was fine so i will definately use it again. wish i knew about it last year in Portugal

Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh