We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

updating passport details before flying- a warning

llantwit fardre
Level Contributor
650 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
updating passport details before flying- a warning

I had read conflicting reports of having to update passport details online before flying but as First Choice hadnt informed us,I thought it wasnt needed. Then I had an email from my Summer holiday tour operator listing the countries that require this and Egypt is on the list. So I rang First Choice holiday hypermarket Cardiff Bay and asked the question and they said yes it has to be done at least 4 days before travelling...which is too late for us as we fly tomorrow. According to the airport it can be done there with a slight delay. Just a warning!

Gloucestershire
Level Contributor
82 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: updating passport details before flying- a warning

Thanks for the info this is important, hopefully it wont cause you to much of a delay !

Do you know the link that you have to fill in your details with first choice ??

We go on the 5th April

Thanks x

England
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: updating passport details before flying- a warning

do you have to pay for this and does it apply to everyone?

even if i fly with thomson?

We fly end of June

L -x-

newcastle
Level Contributor
810 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: updating passport details before flying- a warning

We booked with onthe beach in december 2 weeks before travel and they asked us for our details, we flew with thomson and no you dont pay

manchester
Level Contributor
1,417 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: updating passport details before flying- a warning

Hi,

I don't know how to do links lol but we booked with First Choice when we went to Sharm in January and filled in the information required online. If you google Thomson API and click on to one of the options, it will take you through to the relevent page where you can fill in the details. No there isn't a charge for this.

west midlands
Level Contributor
200 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: updating passport details before flying- a warning

were going with thomsons next week,

as above no you dont have to pay, we just called in the shop when in town 5 minutes it was done.

Take your passport with you, they take a few details, or you can do it on line.

search for Thomson api thats how i found it but decided to go in to do it.

England
9 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: updating passport details before flying- a warning

ok thanks.

when do you think i should do it? We're going in June. Sooner the better?

x

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
546 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: updating passport details before flying- a warning

Im in the same situation I fly tomorrow to Sharm Booked through first choice no one mentioned anything .Looked in booklet yesterday to discover this Does anyone no where at the airport you have to go to do this

uk
Level Contributor
187 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: updating passport details before flying- a warning

as far i as i know they do it at check in desk when you hand over flight tickets, i think it speeds things up for chek in staff if they already have your info. i have just printed tickets off for thomas cook flight and it asked for passport details which i had already given via email to travel republic . that was a waste of time as thomas cook asked for them as i printed off tickets to day but never mind its done now and as i said earlier will save a little bit of time at check in desk

Manchester
Level Contributor
148 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: updating passport details before flying- a warning

I didn,t know about this, thanks for posting. My tickets arrived today:) and no mention of it. Will now check online and complete the relevant details. 22 days to go:)

welshpool
Level Contributor
96 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: updating passport details before flying- a warning

hi what is this updating passport details. we dont fly till 20th september so will this apply then. havnt heard anything about this and nothing has been mentioned by tour company but booked online so would that make a difference many thanks for your help ali