We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Important API Requirements

Which Sharm El Sheikh hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bradford, United...
Level Contributor
111 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Important API Requirements

Hi there

there was an earlier post regarding updating your passport details before flying, from what i have read this has caused some confusion, so i have copied and pasted the same post that i have put on there as i have just booked for september and were givven the following guidelines,

i have just booked to go to the Holiday Village in September with first choice, i have just read the instructions of the booking and mine say the following,

* * Important API Requirements - All passengers must comply* *Airlines are now required to provide passenger details to government authorities in advance of travel for the purpose of border control. This includes information contained within your passport.

You must provide this data between 6 months and 24 hours prior to your departure by visiting http://eapi.thomson.co.uk quoting booking reference number *******. Customers travelling within 4 days of booking will be unable to use the online facility, so will therefore be required to provide the necessary information upon check-in at the airport.

Failure to provide this information may result in you being unable to travel.

Get more information on API

I hope this information is helpful

carl

Beaconsfield...
Level Contributor
1,126 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Important API Requirements

Hi

For people travelling with British Airways you can do this on line through 'manage my booking'

Scuba Diva

Aberdare, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Important API Requirements

Hi, Thanks to TOONCARL for putting the link on to get to (API) or advanced passenger information. I followed the link and completed the information for all 3 or us in under 5 minutes.

THANKS AGAIN TOONCARL YOU'VE BEEN A GREAT HELP.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Important API Requirements

Hi,

I have read on the forum a few times about API. We were not told at the time of booking (with Thomson's) that we had to submit this.

When paying the remaining balance of our holiday, I asked the girl in the shop if we had to submit API. She told us no, she had never heard of anyone doing it before.

Can anyone confirm... do we need to submit API and if so will the Thomson link work for us?

Thanks

Skidby, East...
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Important API Requirements

Hi

We are flying to Sharm with Thomsons in 4 weeks (providing the dust has settled by then).

It actually says on your booking confirmation that you have to fill API in online. Just follow the link in the above post.

I did it last week. It is really easy.

Passenger names are already listed so you just have to fill in passport numbers and expiry dates.

Diane

london
Level Contributor
111 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Important API Requirements

Hi - i didnt book with Thomson but a small firm who didnt mention anything about this? What shall we do?

UK
Level Contributor
1,085 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Important API Requirements

look on there web page or give them a call

Runcorn Cheshire
Level Contributor
291 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Important API Requirements

I have just checked the YOUGOV site and looked up travel to Egypt, API is not required for Egypt at present, its only the US and some European destination not yet needed in North Africa so dont worry.

Annie

Swansea, United...
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
9,975 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Important API Requirements

I'm sorry, I don't agree with that, I travelled to Sharm in Dec, with Easyjet and had to provide API details before flying, it was within a certain number of days, can't remember now how many!

Regards

barbarah

Runcorn Cheshire
Level Contributor
291 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Important API Requirements

if API is required you need to post the info no sooner that 6mths b4 you fly up to 4 days before hand but defo yougov says egypt isnt one of the countries unless its not upto date. We went last yr and it wasnt required,

Will check with tavel co. to make sure, ta barbarah.

Annie

Fife, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for St Andrews
Level Contributor
9,137 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Important API Requirements

I know this can be done at airport check in if you have not been informed by your travel company to provide it beforehand but I find it incredible that something so (?important) can seem to be so vague. Surely travel agents, companies, whoever should all be going by the same rules? No wonder the poor travellers are confused! We still have had not had any advice from our travel agent about this and we(hopefully) go in 3 weeks.

Woody x

Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh