We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Worried

Which Sharm El Sheikh hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cheshire
Level Contributor
104 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Worried

Hi,

i could really do with some advice. Im due to go to tropicana club azure in june with my parents and my boyfriend. Im hoping that things will sort themselves out with regards to the sickness thats going around there.

But what would you do? Would you change hotels or would you wait and see and just risk it?

Can anyone recommend any other hotels?

Ooh i really dont know what to do......

oxford, england
Level Contributor
649 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Worried

This is purely my personal opinion and will prob get shouted down by people saying 'ignore the reviews, it will be fine etc etc' but i must admit i would be concerned if i was in your shoes.

I read the reviews after seeing your post, and it does appear to be more than just a few moaners ..and i would be worried. Holidays are such a big expense these days, and rather than sitting there all excited, you are really anxious and nervous.

If you booked with a travel agent maybe its worth going in and getting them to read the reviews on TA (they all have internet access) infront of you and see how they react - or maybe email the hotel and ask them for an explanation ?

Have you discussed it with your parents and boyfriend - do they feel the same about it ?

Its a very difficult situation and i feel sorry for you, but i dont think i would settle for this holiday without further investigation.

Hope that helps and really hope you get something sorted either way soon -so you can chill out and look forward to your holiday.

Best of luck x

england
Level Contributor
446 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Worried

I totally agree with englishbride I also would change hotels if I were in your shoes.

There are many other nice hotels in Sharm that dont have the bad sickness reviews.

We were dubious about going to Sharm for the first time last November after reading some of the reviews regarding sickness but the hotel we stayed in was fab and we did not have any sickness at all and none of the people we spoke too had neither.

Cheshire
Level Contributor
104 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Worried

Thanks for your replies. We booked with Tompsons so i think i will go in and speak to them, it will be interesting to see their reaction!

My mum thinks we should go speak to them too, my dad and boyfriend are not too bothered as long as they get to watch the world cup while over there (yawn!!).

Ive never had this problem before when ive booked a holiday, oh i hope i can change hotel now.

Thanks again xx

oxford, england
Level Contributor
649 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Worried

Hi - yes i would definately go in and get them to read the reviews in front of you.

Make it clear that they have now been advised of the problem and therefore if they are not willing to change it , and there is a problem with your holiday, then all hell will break loose when you return.

I would even get them to sign a letter from you that they have seen the reviews, to prove that you discussed your concerns with them.

This way they will also know you are serious and you will take action against them if there a problem at the hotel.

They have nothing to lose if they are sure it is a good hotel do they ??

Put the ball in their court to either commit that they are happy to send you there - and suffer the consequences if it is bad - or they change you to another hotel FOC - and see what they say.....

Please let us know and good luck x x

Bury, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,646 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Worried

This doesn't sound like the usual stomach upsets so I think you're right to go and discuss your concerns with Thomson. Let us know how you get on.

england
Level Contributor
876 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Worried

you should go in and speak to thompsons if the situation is that bad that would hve been told about the situation and try to find you a alternative hotel the same thing happened when we were in the dom rep this hotel came down with the sickness and they were moving people to different hotels at the airport ,good luck .

7. Re: Worried

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it made false or speculative claims about TripAdvisor and its staff, or it quoted or summarised private correspondence from TripAdvisor staff.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 June 2010, 11:57
Edited: 09 June 2010, 11:57
Cheshire
Level Contributor
104 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Worried

Thanks for your replies folks.

Well i headed down to town today to go speak to our travel agent and............

the shop is closed for a refurbishment! Bl**dy fantastic! The holiday is in my mums name so im gonna ask her to call the Tompsons number and speak to them.

What a nightmare, ive never had this problem before and i really hope we can get it sorted out

Cheshire
Level Contributor
104 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Worried

Right, ive printed out about 5 bad reviews and am going to travel to our nearest thomsons and hand em over and see what they say! i will keep you all informed........

scotland
Level Contributor
19 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Worried

icklsal

A couple of years ago we were due to go the 3 corners kirosiez but it was getting bad reports. Went into the First Choice shop in our town and showed the girl reports about the food and restaurant. She also checked them while we were there.

She phoned head office stating she had seen reports for herself and we got changed to the Conrad as it was then for £56 for the 2 of us.

Felt it was money well spent even if just for peace of mind.

Hope you get the same conclusion. Just stick to your guns and i'm sure they will change your hotel.

Garry

Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh