We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

API and a new passport

Which Sharm El Sheikh hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
liverpool
Level Contributor
143 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
API and a new passport

I have booked with travel republic to go for my honeymoon in Oct.

Staying at the Sultan Gardens. I have today had an email asking for URGENT information my API, but I have booked the holiday in my New married name as my passport will only have 4 months left when we go. I can only apply for my new passport 3 months before i get married. Any advise on what to do as I can't get through by phone, understandable at this present time.

Thanks Jac xx

west midlands
Level Contributor
179 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: API and a new passport

when do you travel?

we did our api the week before we went, so if your not traveling soon i would do it when you get your new passport.

west midlands
Level Contributor
179 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: API and a new passport

sorry just read you go in October silly me!!!

I wouldnt worry yet you have plenty of time.

Runcorn Cheshire
Level Contributor
291 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: API and a new passport

You can update your API from 6mths to 4 days before you fly.

wales
Level Contributor
551 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: API and a new passport

Hi Jac

Understand your dilemma with regards the change of name and therefore the change of passport so you are unable to provide passport number!!

I see you are from Liverpool would it not be possible for you to contact the Passport office in Liverpool to ask their advice on this one especially as you are having trouble contacting Travel Republic?

S S W

Essex
Level Contributor
60 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: API and a new passport

Thanks for posting this. I just rang my travel provider as I hadn't been told about it and they said yes you do have to provide it!! They could have told me. Anyone else used Imperial Travel? They seem really bad so far - not much help at all. Goodness knows what we will do if this ash carries on as due to fly next week and I don't think they will be very good at rescheduling/refunding. We are travelling with Kiss flights and have already been told there is a £25 admin fee for cancelling flights and not sure if we can cancel hotel or will lose all the money for that. Its so depressing.

6. Re: API and a new passport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2010, 07:17
Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh