We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sharm and four seasons.

Thessaloniki, Greece
Level Contributor
3,186 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
sharm and four seasons.

hi.

we are going for summer holidays in egypt this year.

cairo for sigthseeing and sharm for relaxation.

we are thinking of staying at the four season which is almost double the price from hyatt and renaissance (the other choices we liked). from photos and reviews it sounds superb but is it worth the extra money compaired to hyatt or renaissance?if it is we are more than willing to pay!

what are your advice and thoughts?

one more question-is it easy to move around by taxis and visit naama bay or other hotels close by for dinner?

thanks in advance.

Swansea, United...
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
9,988 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: sharm and four seasons.

Hi there

I don't think you can put the Four Seaons and the others in the same category. The Four Seasons is definitely a better quality hotel, much dearer and also much dearer for drinks and food. I also wouldn't place the Hyatt and Renaissance in the same category, I think the Hyatt is much better and much more expensive to eat and drink there. Having said that the Renaissance is a lovely hotel. I like the location of the Renaissance and it's proximity to Old Sharm, plenty of places to walk to from there. I used to stay at the Hilton Waterfalls, next door but one.

It is easy to move about by taxi, all the hotels have courtesy buses, but the timings are not always convenient, so taxis are necessary. The Hyatt is the nearest to Naama Bay, but in the summer months it is too hot to walk it.

In case you are interested, I have stayed at the Iberotel Palace. the Hilton Waterfalls and now the Maritim Jolie Ville Golf, my favourite, pics of all under my profile

Regards

barbarah

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh, Red Sea and Sinai, Side
Level Contributor
20,221 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: sharm and four seasons.

Hi,

Links to the Tips thread:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g297555-i9225-k211…

& resort maps (about 40 mins end to end by taxi):

www.sharmelsheikhrealestate.com/maps.htm

Photos!

Na’ama Bay

…photobucket.com/albums/…

Old Market, Hadaba / Ras Um Sid area.

New complex, Soho Square, White Knight’s Bay, Sharm (near the Savoy hotel & airport)

Fellow poster nwbs’s slide show of the Ice Bar in Soho Square.

A few night time pics of Nabq (apologies for some not being great; hadn’t quite mastered all the camera settings!)

Regards

Thessaloniki, Greece
Level Contributor
3,186 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: sharm and four seasons.

thanks a lot for all the very useful information. i ''ll let you know what we ''ve decided , it seems that four seasons will be our choice.

Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
10,242 posts
271 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: sharm and four seasons.

I don't think you can beat the Four Seasons. We stayed at the Hyatt and although a lovely setting it wasn't really all that good. The food and drink was ridiculously expensive and someone who we spoke to during our stay was going to the Four Seasons in the evenings to eat because it was cheaper and better. Unfortunately we found this out too late to do the same. In the mornings the birds were walking all over the tables and eating your food if you left it for a moment and they were walking over the food on the counters too. Almost everyone we spoke to had a bad stomach of some kind. Although we didn't actually stay at the Four Seasons we know people who have and it sounds far superior to the Hyatt.

Thessaloniki, Greece
Level Contributor
3,186 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: sharm and four seasons.

thanks.

to tell you the truth when we saw pictures of four seasons on trip advisor 2-3 years ago we told to ourselves that this is THE place to stay if we ever decided to visit Egypt and Sharm despite the very high room prices!

furthermore we pay a lot of attention on our holidays as far as the hotel concerns-a mediocre hotel can ruin our holidays even if it is the only bad thing-.

my worries about paying the extra for four seasons is that if it really deserves it because when you pay a lot especially in our days you want everything to be as you have imagined.it seems that four seasons is what are we searching for.

thanks again for the advice.

6. Re: sharm and four seasons.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 November 2010, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh