We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sharm Airport Best/Worst arrival days??

Pontefract, United...
Level Contributor
1,060 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Sharm Airport Best/Worst arrival days??

We are looking at Sharm for our Summer break next year which are the worst days/ time to arrive/Depart Sharm airport?/

tyne and wear
Level Contributor
756 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sharm Airport Best/Worst arrival days??

aparently a thursday is bad,

but the airport isnt that bad really, we actually like it x

Pontefract, United...
Level Contributor
1,060 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sharm Airport Best/Worst arrival days??

Thank you we would be travelling on a Sunday????

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
1,097 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sharm Airport Best/Worst arrival days??

If you check flightstats.com,enter SSH and the time of your arrival it will give you an idea of how busy it is likely to be.

wales
Level Contributor
555 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sharm Airport Best/Worst arrival days??

Sorry qatarman

But have recently spoken to a friend who travelled on a Sunday and she said it was manic at the airport!!!

Regards

S S W

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
388 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sharm Airport Best/Worst arrival days??

I think its a bit pot luck with the airport to be honest, I have flown on Friday and Monday and airport has been so quiet but other people have posted that they have also travelled these days and it has been a nightmare. I think it depends on whether other planes land at the same time as yours.

Clacton-on-Sea...
Level Contributor
65 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sharm Airport Best/Worst arrival days??

i have been Sunday, Monday, Thursday... I had been told Thursdays were busier, but didnt notice much difference... SSH airport is fine for a 3 hour wait, theres a few shops, a couple of places for things to eat, its air conditioned.. theres enough seats I have been to many worse airports... maybe school holidays are busier though.

New York
Level Contributor
62 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sharm Airport Best/Worst arrival days??

Sharm El Sheih Airport is one of the horrible part of the trip. Airport building itself is new and OK. The service is however is night mare. I was third in the line to immigration. Suddenly one tour operator from TEZ tour came in front of me and screamed the name of his company. Suddenly the horde of the Russian tourist (about 30 people) jumped in front of me. When I asked what's going on, he said we are one group. I told him then go to the end of the line and take your group there. Then he told me OK, go ahead. There were Egyptian family behind me, when they saw this mess they jumped in front and were screaming that they are Egyptians and don't need to wait in line. Meantime, Russians were pushing to the immigration both, it was screaming and yelling. It was such mess, so people in civilian clothing (i guess security police) all run to the place. It was just a horror movie because of this TEZ tour operator.

Departure is another nightmare. Every second you can hear some announcement in Russian looking for missed passengers and it is sound like evacuation scene from the WWII movie, because it is not professional announcement but rather some tour operator with sick of screaming voice. There are no enough gates for departure and at the same time they might serve several flights. No place to seat. Gate could be changed without announcement. You have to be extremely alert and keep your eyes on your flight representative all the time.

Essex
Level Contributor
477 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sharm Airport Best/Worst arrival days??

I dont know if we were just lucky as we have only been once but there were three planes landed at the same time and although it was quite manic with so many people they didnt seem to mess around we got our luggage really quickly! Little wait for mini bus but found a corner to wait in - no problems.

tyne and wear
Level Contributor
756 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sharm Airport Best/Worst arrival days??

i have been 3 times and yes it's busy but in no way would i class it a nightmare

maybe thats down to each individual!!

10. Re: Sharm Airport Best/Worst arrival days??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 November 2010, 05:16