We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Naama Bay - Restaurant/Bar Recommendations

Flintshire
Level Contributor
131 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Naama Bay - Restaurant/Bar Recommendations

Hi All,

My boyfriend and I are booked to go to Egypt in September. We are staying in an All Inclusive hotel, but fancied eating elsewhere a couple of nights.

Can anyone recommend a restaurant they've been too, or a bar should we eat in the hotel and go out for drinks?

Not interested in any sports bars. We like people watching if this is an option, and like eating more local food rather than English favourites (Chips!)! Probably looking at spending a maximum of £6 (equivalent) on starters, and £15 (equivalent) on mains.

Thanks,

Laura

Derbys
Level Contributor
592 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Naama Bay - Restaurant/Bar Recommendations

Two that we went to, depending on your tastes - The Camel Bar in Naama Bay, which houses the best Indian called The Tandoori and also Hard Rock Cafe.Bothe reasonable re price and no long waiting times

For just a drink, again the Camel Bar has 2 excellent, comfortable, open air bars that overlook the main street through Naama Bay for a bit of people watching.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh, Red Sea and Sinai, Side
Level Contributor
20,258 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Naama Bay - Restaurant/Bar Recommendations

Hi,

From the Top Questions down the side of the forum in blue lettering:

tripadvisor.co.uk/Travel-g297555-c95853/Shar…

The same section is in the Tips thread at the top of the forum biut it will have links to photos of some of the places too.

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g297555-i9225-k3…

Viva Beach is one of our favourites on Na'ama Bay prom.

…photobucket.com/albums/…

Regards

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
3,822 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Naama Bay - Restaurant/Bar Recommendations

We enjoyed Dananeer - at the bottom of the main strip- its upstairs, look for wooden shutters. Excellent food- good fish and the seafood was going down well although dont eat it myself. Local dishes and the waiters good at explaining what they are etc. The Pomodora Italian is in front of the Camel Hotel- good choice, very reasonable and lovely waiters again - plus ice cream parlour almost next door !

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh, Red Sea and Sinai, Side
Level Contributor
20,258 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Naama Bay - Restaurant/Bar Recommendations

We also like Dananeer; pics in the tips thread.

Regards

Edited: 11 August 2010, 15:05
Kent
Level Contributor
6,643 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Naama Bay - Restaurant/Bar Recommendations

hi Mahony rest is good, it's at the start of the strip to the right if your looking down it and it's upstairs, also onions rest is good but go to the inside one rather than the open air one, also at top of strip tho can't remeber where exactly, for drinks there's a nice bar at the beach by jolie ville, happy hour 6-9, 2 for 1 drinks, along the seafront are loads of nice rest as well

Doncaster, United...
Destination Expert
for Nabq Bay, Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
1,200 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Naama Bay - Restaurant/Bar Recommendations

Hi

if you want local food i can recommend Abu El Sid which is above Hard rock cafe and Kam Zaman which is at the bottom of the pedestrian strip on your right as you are walking down from the taxi rank. Been to both loads and never had a bad meal, lovely attentive staff at both too. Kam Zaman doesnt serve alcohol officially according to the menu but when I asked they went and brought a cold beer back from the local off licence for me. Great spot for watching the world go by and open kitchen so you can see your meal being prepared. x

Redhill, United...
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
4,046 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Naama Bay - Restaurant/Bar Recommendations

A quick tip,if any restaurant does not serve alcohol,most are more than willing to let you bring your own in,just ask first to make sure.

Gloucestershire.
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
1,459 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Naama Bay - Restaurant/Bar Recommendations

I love the Tandoori at the Camel Bar...... for a cracking indian. Also try Viva beach just along on the promenade you can actually eat on the beach - such fun !!!! Tche Tche's is always great for a good 'snack' and fab for a shisha pipe..... the best in Naama Bay ......... ther'e always T.G.I. Fridays/Hard Rock Cafe....... also Tam Tam's at the Ghazala Hotel................. just to keep you going !!!!

Swansea, United...
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
10,005 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Naama Bay - Restaurant/Bar Recommendations

Hi there

Don't forget a trip to Old Sharm and try Fares (seafood) excellent, go early or you'll have to queue. El Marein (Egyptian) the best in Sharm, again very busy and not forgetting Sinai Star (seafood) very good, but in my opinion they should have refurbed it, it should have stayed as it was. Other good ones in Old Sharm ar Saf Safa and Red Sea Fish.

It's only 1LE on the local mini buses from Naama Bay to Old Sharm

In Naama Bay, agree with Dananeer and Viva

Regards

barbarah

wales
Level Contributor
11 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Naama Bay - Restaurant/Bar Recommendations

We stayed AI in July but wanted to eat out a few evenings. Friends took us to The Camel Bar where we ate on the roof terrace - really enjoyed, alcohol available, lovely food, setting very romantic as the whole of the town became lit up. We also ate at Fares in Old Sharm, get there early or you will have to queue if you like sea food this is the place to eat. You must have their version of shrimp/prawns they were huge, a bit messy to eat but I loved the use of the limes to clean your fingers afterwards, no alcohol but we enjoyed a coffee at Starbucks afterwards.

Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh