We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sharm Resort

Which Sharm El Sheikh hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
merseyside
Level Contributor
181 posts
91 reviews
Save Topic
Sharm Resort

Hi, we have booked a week at the Sharm resort and are going next Saturday. As there is very little on the forum or review pages we would be grateful for any advice,tips, do’s and don’ts

We are going AI so is it necessary to take much money, if so what currancy. Do you need long pants in the theme resonant, are the drinks good beer etc. is there any particular room worth asking for. Last question, do you have there email addy so we can write to them

Many thanks

Dave

Birmingham (UK)
Level Contributor
46 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sharm Resort

HI, noticed your post and we have been offered this hotel for a week in November. Just wondered how you got on and what your thoughts were? Did you use the sister hotel Sharm Plaza they advertise? We've been told we can use this hotel for everything including resturants etc.

Your reply would be greatly received.

Thanks

Andy

wirral
Level Contributor
3 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sharm Resort

stayed here in January and was impressed. The Plaza is all in the same place and it's hard to tell the difference. We were opposite the reception building and the rooms were really nice. The walk down to the 'beach' runs through the resort passing the Italian resturant and further down there is a Lebonese resturant (evenings only). Tables for these have to be booked in advance. The C View has a fab lunchtime menu, but don't make the mistake we did and order 3 courses.....they all came at the same time !!! We had to use the window cill to put plates on!!!! Staff are very friendly and like the Brits (but not the Russians) Go off the jetty and snorkel....the reef is right there!!! Am looking to go back soon. Hope you have a good time. PS Take some drinks with you as the bars finish at 12 and drinks in the disco! or lobby bar can be expensive. use the free bus to get into Sharm during the day but you will need to book seats to use it at night.

Prague, Czech...
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Sharm Resort

hi, i am from czech and would appreciate if you can send me any info about the sharm resort hotel, i am sending there my old parents and because its through austrien travel ag. i am not sure if its the right place. i was last year in creative sharm resort and we had many problems, hotel had new owner, far from beach, very poor food and service . on net there are so many sharm resorts with different adresses so if you can help me, it would be fine

thaNKS ANDREA FROM PRAG

EMAIL: andrea.rybarova@email.cz

Prague, Czech...
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Sharm Resort

hi, i am from czech and would appreciate if you can send me any info about the sharm resort hotel, i am sending there my old parents and because its through austrien travel ag. i am not sure if its the right place. i was last year in creative sharm resort and we had many problems, hotel had new owner, far from beach, very poor food and service . on net there are so many sharm resorts with different adresses so if you can help me, it would be fine

thaNKS ANDREA FROM PRAG

EMAIL: andrea.rybarova@email.cz

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
224 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sharm Resort

you say old parents i would not go to this hotel if i was bad at getting around there are lots of steps

wirral
Level Contributor
3 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sharm Resort

If it's the same place it's the Sharm Plaza and the Sharm Resort. It sounds as if it is 2 separate places but infact it is all on the same site. The only difference is that some of the rooms are further away from the reception and resurants. The complex is on a slope with roadways either side and steps running through the centre of the complex, starting at the reception. There are also steps to down to the water, with a jetty over the coral. There was a submerged jetty that gives easier access to the water, but it had been damaged when we were there.

We found the food and the service very good. The food choices were very varied. There are 2 buffet style, a bbq, Italian & Lebonese (evenings) Spanish tapas bar, and 2 other options nearer to the water. We were also able to get food and drinks at the pool. There were also golf buggies on the complex, presumably for people with reduced mobility. There is also a courtesy bus to Naama Bay but there is a charge for this in the evening.

I hope this is of some use to you

7. Re: Sharm Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 April 2011, 07:16
Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh