We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I'm here now...... All good !!!!

Gloucestershire.
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
1,442 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
I'm here now...... All good !!!!

Hi all,

Currently sat in Ghazala Beach Bar at happy hour, so thought I'd let you all know what the weather etc., is like..... LOVELY !!

We are allowed to swim and snorkel in the sea but only out as far as about 10-15 m from the shore, as each hotel has brought their marker bouys in due to the shark attack.

our friend who owns Viva beach has told us he had a letter from the Goverment stating that he and each beach has to erect a beach watch tower with a man with binoculars and a loud hailer to look out for sharks.... His tower was going up today!! They also have to club together (3 beaches at a time) to provide a speed boat to patrol their beach area, in addition to all this they will also be employing a Dive Master who will make regular dives throughout the day to try to ensure peoples safety.

The weather is lovely and hot and sunny, going cooler late afternoon.... I can go out in the evening with just a thin cardigan.... And I do not like to be cold!

If anyone would like any more info..... I'll be back on here most evenings.....

Hope you are all surviving the awful snowy conditions back home :((

Manchester, United...
9 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: I'm here now...... All good !!!!

hope you have a great time.it will be my first trip on the 13th of jan.

ide be grateful to ear how things progress with diving and snorkeling.

Kent
Destination Expert
for Egypt
Level Contributor
4,625 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I'm here now...... All good !!!!

The move to get people out of the sea was IMO a good call. From what I can gather an oceanic white tip shark is an ocean going shark and will go anywhere in search of food, remove the food (people) in this instance, although sharks dont like human flesh, then it moves on. As maybe the case here. Personally I think it is a great shame that sharks have had to die because of this but there we go.

London, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I'm here now...... All good !!!!

Hi hope your having a great holiday, can anybody use Viva beach it sounds really nice.

Regards

Jackie

Gloucestershire.
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
1,442 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I'm here now...... All good !!!!

Hi jackie, yes anyone can use the beach for a local fee of 50 le unless your hotel has a contract with the beach. For this fee you will be provided with a bed and beach towel. They serve great food on the beach and very reasonable price..... We love it, and have been using it for the past 6 trips....

Swansea, United...
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
9,987 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: I'm here now...... All good !!!!

Hi Sally

Hope you're still having a great time, it's still sooo cold here, but raining now. Enjoy, but not too many surf and turfs please - jealous!!!

Regards

barbarah

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
55 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: I'm here now...... All good !!!!

Hi I am just packing now for flying out tomorrow! Is the weather ok there? Talk of rain :(

London, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: I'm here now...... All good !!!!

Thanks for that will try viva beach in March is that £5 each if so its very reasonable.

Thanks

Jackie

London, United...
Level Contributor
40 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: I'm here now...... All good !!!!

Hi! It's great to hear that after a lot of concerns you guys are now enjoying the time in Sharm! Hope all goes well!

I'm going soon too! 4 more weeks to go!

Gloucestershire.
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
1,442 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: I'm here now...... All good !!!!

Barbara, glad you made it home ok..... although a little delayed! It was lovely to catch up with you out there..... must do the same again ! I had to have just one more surf & tuft..... I love the SULTANA Restaurant!!!

Jackie, yes 50LE each but so worth it!! enjoy!!

We had a huge freak storm hit on Wednesday morning and Thursday...... It was forecast - and most unusual!!! I was gutted as had arranged to meet up with my Farrier (his first time there)..... and I'd been going on about how we went to Egypt because 'it never rained'...... I'll never live it down..... I had him paddling ankle deep in water in the pitch black down an ally....... we had drinks by candle light at the Ghazala beach bar as all the electrics were knocked out....... They Egyptian staff everywhere were fantastic, and worked so hard to get their bars up and running again as soon as the storm blew over!

Now just arrived back home, and already viewed another hotel room ready for our next trip (** Barbara.... Nephthys......**) xx

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh, Red Sea and Sinai, Side
Level Contributor
20,207 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: I'm here now...... All good !!!!

Welcome home DiamondCloverLad & Diamond Geezer :-)

Hope you got my emails on Wed a.m.? Unsure if the storm will have caused "a disturbance in the Force" & blocked the signals for t'internet? I know mobiles were ok in Na'ama Wed eve.

Looking forward to catching up via email & learning what hotel you've viewed!

x

Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh