We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sensatori Sharm - Opening????????

Rotherham
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Sensatori Sharm - Opening????????

Booked for June 2011.

Im getting worried now with all the different reports on here the hotel will not be open!

I have been told March, but heard may?

What does everyone else think to this?

Sam

Thurso, United...
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Sensatori Sharm - Opening????????

Hey there, the current "official" opening date is 10th March , but it is certainly confusing for many as there have been many different dates being given out by travel agents.

Hope this helps , im going at the end of May / Start of June for 2 weeks so i hope its all up and running smoothly by then as well !

George.

Scotland
Level Contributor
90 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Sensatori Sharm - Opening????????

Hi,

I booked this hotel yesterday for two weeks in the middle of August and the 'official' opening date still appears to be the 10th March 2011.

Although there does still seem to be a lot of speculation around. I will be keeping my eye on these boards for more info.

FS

Telford
Level Contributor
22 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sensatori Sharm - Opening????????

Hi George,

What date are you going in May? I am booked for my honeymoon on 23rd May and am getting slightly worried that the hotel wont be fully opened/ a partial building site!!

For my fiancee and I this honeymoon is luxury (we normally do budget holidays)...so for us to spend £3k and spend 2 weeks in a building site will be heartbreaking!

Luci

Thurso, United...
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Sensatori Sharm - Opening????????

Heya, i am going on the 30th May for 2 weeks , despite living right up in the north of Scotland im having to fly from Manchester Airport as i wanted to treat the family and we have taken a family suite , for some reason the only possible way i could get the thomson site to show one of these rooms available at the time was booking via a Manchester flight so thats what i did !

tyne and wear
Level Contributor
756 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sensatori Sharm - Opening????????

i know alot of the staff have had their contracts cancelled

eeeek

manchester
Level Contributor
295 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sensatori Sharm - Opening????????

hi have booked this hotel for the 24 may ten nights with a swim up room have been watching ta for some weeks now and nobody seems to have a set date for the opening ? dont want to pay rest of my money if not going to this hotel booked this last august never had a problemwith thompsons before will just keep watching ta

Hull, England
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sensatori Sharm - Opening????????

We are booked to go out to Sharm on the 10th april. We have spent alot of money on this dream holiday so don't want it to be ruined with ongoing building work, bad service etc. Not sure whether to cancel. I have spoken to Thompson, but they are about as much use as a chocolate fireguard!! They are just sticking to the official line and no-one will give us any answers. If we did go and it was only partially opened would we be entitled to any money back? Have not paid the final balance yet, but are due to on 30th Jan. So not sure what to do.....any suggestions?

Hull, England
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sensatori Sharm - Opening????????

We are booked to go out to Sharm on the 10th april. We have spent alot of money on this dream holiday so don't want it to be ruined with ongoing building work, bad service etc. Not sure whether to cancel. I have spoken to Thompson, but they are about as much use as a chocolate fireguard!! They are just sticking to the official line and no-one will give us any answers. If we did go and it was only partially opened would we be entitled to any money back? Have not paid the final balance yet, but are due to on 30th Jan. So not sure what to do.....any suggestions?

tyne and wear
Level Contributor
756 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sensatori Sharm - Opening????????

personally i would never stay at a newly opened hotel, as they always have teething problems,

the holiday village for example had horrific reviews when it first opened but now it's been up and running a while it gets fab reviews

x

Bridgend, United...
Level Contributor
452 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sensatori Sharm - Opening????????

The only people who will know how the building work is coming along in the Sensatori are those staying in the Baron Palms which is next door. We stayed in the Baron Palms four weeks ago and it was just a shell of a building site so prehaps it would be helpfull if anyone who stays there to post an update. Just a thought anyway

Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh