We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

All-inclusive or not?

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
All-inclusive or not?

We're planning a tour of Egypt in April with a 1 week extension in Sharm el Sheikh. Does anyone have any suggestions on whether we should stay at an all-inclusive resort or just pay-as-you-go type resort.

vi
london
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: All-inclusive or not?

Unless you plan on drinking huge amounts of poor-average alcohol go B&B. There are so many places to choose from - the virtual tourist web site gave great recommendations which I followed up over xmas-enjoy the variey!

Eastbourne, United...
Level Contributor
35 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: All-inclusive or not?

That's the message I've been given too by people who've been recently. Apparently food at the all-inclusive hotels isn't too hot either!

Nuweiba, Egypt
Level Contributor
2,176 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: All-inclusive or not?

I would say it really depends on you and your plans for Sharm. If you need to just relax on the beach ( quite possible after a strenous Cairo - Luxor tour ) and you are nt really interested in going much out in the evening or going on excursions then by all means do AI. if not, then BB... but in that case make sure you are close to Naama Bay as that is where the widest selection of restaurants and bars are.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
26 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: All-inclusive or not?

I agree with the above comment. Having just returned from a week at Sharm we took an all inclusive at the Sofitel. Food was great as was the hotel, but we did get sick of eating every night at the same place.

Next time we go to sharm we will take B&B. There is lots happening in Naama Bay at night which adds to the experience.

England
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: All-inclusive or not?

Food is very cheap in Egypt, and there is a great choice in Sharm from MacDonalds to on the beach dining. Drinks are not cheap though, even bottled water I found pricey. All juice drinks are freshly squeezed fruit, and you can get any type of fruit, but it makes it more expensive.

Hove, UK
Level Contributor
41 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: All-inclusive or not?

Difficult one. Food in AI can be dodgy, but Naama bay is a real nightmare. The choice is yours...

Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh