We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bottled water

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
72 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Bottled water

Is it safe to drink?

I have heard so many conflicting reports saying you can and you can't just wondered if anyone had first had experience.

Thanks x

Morecambe
Level Contributor
3,842 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bottled water

I have been told that you can drink the water but i never do , i dont want to take any risks whilst away from home .

England, United...
Level Contributor
5,798 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bottled water

I may be having a 'blond moment' but I don't actually understand your question.

Are you asking if Bottled Water is safe to drink? In which case the answer is yes, under normal circumstances but you should ensure that it is a sealed bottle and within the date period. Also if you notice that the bottles are stored in full sunlight (almost impossible to avoid in places like Egypt at times), next to chemicals etc then you should avoid it and instead buy it elsewhere.

Morecambe
Level Contributor
3,842 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bottled water

sorry i read that wrong :( must be my excitement lol

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
72 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bottled water

Thankyou yes I did mean bottled water,a few friends have been told it has more chemicals in that stuff at home and to avoid and only drink soft drinks but I know I drink a lot of water in the heat so would hate to be without it.

I will make sure it's sealed thankyou :)

England, United...
Level Contributor
5,798 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bottled water

It will be much healthier for you if you drink more bottled water than other soft drinks all the time.

Bottled water, just like tap water, will vary in it's mineral content etc, depending on it's place of origin and manufacturer. I believe there have been reports in the past about bottled water not being as healthy as people seem to assume, but they were not specific to Egypt. This was partly to do with poor storage - too much light, heat, near chemicals/soap products etc.

I cannot be specific about Sharm el Sheik, but my experience of buying and drinking bottled water in Egypt has been that there has been a vaiety of names on sale, some manufatured by the companies such as Schwepps, CocaCola co, etc. The one brand I have heard of that doesn't seem to agree with some people is Baraka - I think this is probably because the mineral content is a bit more different that we are used to.

I'm one of the people who drinks Egyptian tap water so I have no hesitation in drinking the bottled water.

If your friends suggest you only drink soft drinks, what are they recommending? They are going to contain water too somewhere in the product and process.

cheshire
Level Contributor
104 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bottled water

The tap water is definate nono, we have always found the bottled water to be good and very refreshing.Its so hot in egypt you need to ensure that you drink pleanty and water hydrates better than soft drinks. You will find not drinking enough water is the quickest way to a bad tummy than anything else. We have had water from the large containers that some hotels have and they have also been good.

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
72 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bottled water

That's very true all soft drinks contain water in some form.

I take quite a lot of medication and had a knee replacement 6 months ago so can't afford to get poorly so I will be drinking plenty.

We are going for a hen holiday so there is bound to be a bit of alcohol intake too so even more reason to rehydrate and I find water is the only thing that does that for me!

Thanks so much for all your replies xx

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,981 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bottled water

Don't buy frozen water. I did, when it had totally thawed out and I had already consumed for than half the bottle, I found white floaters and because the bottle was frozen I could not remember whether the seal was in tact or not.

Be careful.

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
72 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bottled water

Thanks Marley x

liverpool
Level Contributor
1,273 posts
37 reviews