We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Update in Sharm

Which Sharm El Sheikh hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
West Yorkshire
Level Contributor
340 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Update in Sharm

Nothing being mentioned here in UK about Sharm, but reading on here looks like it is being affected. Will you keep us updated about restrictions ie being told to stay in hotels. All it is saying on the news is where there are demonstrations you are being advised to stay indoors where possible ! Still due to fly out on Tuesday !

Morecambe
Level Contributor
3,842 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Update in Sharm

Hi had a text message from peekaboo she is in sharm now , she said they have closed the beaches today and possibly tomorrow .

Birmingham
Level Contributor
1,285 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Update in Sharm

Just published in The Independent Online... Simon Calder FAQ on Egypt Travel... independent.co.uk/travel/simon-calder/travel…

Keep up to date with Google news sorted by date...

www.google.co.uk/search…

derby uk
Level Contributor
82 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Update in Sharm

Al JeZerra is the place to watch....apparently Egypt has now broken the Sinai agreement with Israel, in putting military vehicles in sharm/Sinai....And all us citizens have been told to get out of Egypt full stop....things moving very quickly now..........

4. Re: Update in Sharm

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 January 2011, 12:59
derby uk
Level Contributor
82 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Update in Sharm

....that was U.S. citizens by the way.........

West Yorkshire
Level Contributor
340 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Update in Sharm

Is that US citizens from all of Egypt or just Cairo etc?

ireland
Level Contributor
1,041 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Update in Sharm

I've just spoke to 3 of My Friends who all work in hotels in Sharm and They told Me that it was very safe to go to sharm but there are no excursions, If there are any changes They will let Me know and then I will let You know so until then I'm going in 11 days, PLEASE GOD.

Paisley, United...
Level Contributor
980 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Update in Sharm

well thats reassuring anyway . fingers crossed it stays that way , i am going tomorrow x

mavi252
Level Contributor
180 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Update in Sharm

Carojim

is it just the excersions to places like Cairo & luxor cancelled or is it the local excersions too ie quad biking etc

10. Re: Update in Sharm

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 February 2012, 09:17
Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh