We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

calling anyone just returned

Which Sharm El Sheikh hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Livingston, United...
Level Contributor
178 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
calling anyone just returned

please tell us what its been like there, are locals behaving differently, are shops and resteraunts open as usual etc

London
Level Contributor
222 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: calling anyone just returned

Am I the only person who thinks its odd that no one is replying?! There must be SOMEONE who has come back from Sharm!!

derby uk
Level Contributor
82 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: calling anyone just returned

conspiracy theories again family.....you know what will happen...........disappeared.............again!!!!

Livingston, United...
Level Contributor
178 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: calling anyone just returned

yes i am also astonished that nobody has replied. i would have thought that people returning from there would have had plenty to say about the situation and it would be first hand experience. i really wanted to know because we are going on 14th

London
Level Contributor
222 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: calling anyone just returned

Yep, we are going on the 10th. Well, supposedly. I think I may camp at the airport and stop anyone thats just landed from Sharm, ha ha. Ooh, I'm fading......

Good to see you're still with me Robbo

Brighton, United...
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: calling anyone just returned

We're going tomorrow morning. Spoke to hotel earlier - they say all is ok. But I don't know what to believe.

Morecambe
Level Contributor
3,842 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: calling anyone just returned

Hi i am going in the morning andi will be texting friends on here as soon as i arrive at my hotel, and they will let you all know . i have spoken only today to english friends who live and work out there and they say nothing is going on .

London
Level Contributor
222 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: calling anyone just returned

NadiaMac, I hope all is OK out there for you. I only hope we get your feedback somehow! It seems no information is getting through on TA. Where are you staying?

Newcastle
Level Contributor
42 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: calling anyone just returned

Maybe the fact that noone has come on to complain is a good thing...most people may really have not noticed any different...but again who is to say that is not to change.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
65 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: calling anyone just returned

I have just read th Manchester evening news and they have spoke to people who flew back from Sharm last night and they report some trouble in Naama bay area and Old Market where locals were rioting carrying,knives,bats and guns!!! It also states that the curfew is nationwide in Egypt between 4pm-8pm.........not good!!!

Herts
Level Contributor
35 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: calling anyone just returned

I arrived back this morning - had a wonderful time. People as ever v friendly. On the last day all tourists were stopped from going to private beach and were advised not to go to Naama. Staff happpier to talkj about the situation from Sat onwards as they felt a little more 'free'. No internet and sporadic mobile phone connections from Thursday onwards. We adore Sharm but it is a difficult decision for those now booked to go in the next fortnight. I really do feel for the staff as they rely so much on tips and tourists. However there is going to come a time when supplies and the infrastructure breaks down. I would have no worries re looting as population is in Sharm to work - however I am glad at not having to make a decision as to whether to go.

Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh