We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sharm El Sheikh - September 2011

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
34 posts
104 reviews
Save Topic
Sharm El Sheikh - September 2011

Hi

I am planning to go to Sharm in September 2011.

I am also hoping to Visit Cairo and Giza whilst there.

I'm no longer sure if I should keep my booking OR cancel and re-book for somewhere else.

I know September is seven months away but still not sure what to do?

Maybe leave it for a few more months and then decide.

Has anyone else booked for September and what are you views?

One of the reasons we are going to Sharm is that we can vist Cairo and Giza (via plane) in one days and do the sights.

If it's going to be unsafe to visit Cairo and Giza, am I wasting my time just going to Sharm?

Any advice / comments would be appreciated.

Nige.

Arbroath, United...
Level Contributor
103 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sharm El Sheikh - September 2011

Hi, I am going on September 24th for 2 weeks, Staying at the Sultan Gardens, I had booked my flights with BA, But last week I received an email saying they were cancelled, so went on an booked new flights with Thomson Airways from Glasgow. I am going out a week before my wife and daughter, we also have family travelling out on the 1st October for a week the same time as my wife and daugter also. When do you go Nige? I think it will be fine by then. Have you stayed at the Sultan Gardens before, we stayed last October for 8 nights, fab place.

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
432 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sharm El Sheikh - September 2011

Hiya, I'm going on 4th September to Sunrise Tirana Aquapark. I'm not worried about it at all at the moment. The trips to Cairo have resumed now I believe so unless anything significant happens between now and then things should be ok. Bare in mind that if you've already booked and want to change to another desitnation you'll get charged admin fees or lose your deposit.

If worst comes to worst i'll just change my holiday to another destination. I've been to the Dominican Republic four times so I thought i'd go somewhere different this year lol.

The only problem I can forsee is that I think the elections may be in September.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
225 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sharm El Sheikh - September 2011

Hi Nigel. We also have booked,(for the second time. jet2, say no more!!), for this September. we did the pyramids etc last year, and felt that We had`nt even scratched the surface of what else Sharm had to offer! Hence, within 16 hours of our return, Hubby booked the same hotel for this year!! I think, each to their own and do what you feel is best. We are going unless Thomas Cook, and the foreign office tell us not to!

Middlesbrough
Level Contributor
91 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sharm El Sheikh - September 2011

Hi

I am going on the 27th May to the sultan gardens and the 4th september to the sensatori. That is providing the hotel is built and i dont get messed about with both flights anymore. I love Egypt and would only not go if the foreign office tells us we can't. We have been messed about alot with flight cancellations, having to pay more money, times , dates, etc with both holidays which has took some of the excitement away.

England
Level Contributor
20 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sharm El Sheikh - September 2011

Its good to hear people are still booking to go to this resort, we went a couple of years ago and went to Cairo for the day. We too feel that egypt is great and are thinking of going back in Sept/Oct this year. Puts my mind at rest that people feel it will be ok.......best get booking before the prices go up again! ;)

Bexley
Level Contributor
13 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sharm El Sheikh - September 2011

Hi there,

We went to Sharm in April and had a fabulous time. It was our second time and we had visited the pyramids previously so went to Luxor this time

Everything was very peaceful and we booked our tours through Sharm Life who we cannot recommend highly enough - they were so professional and far cheaper than our tour operator.

Hope you have a wonderful time.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh, Red Sea and Sinai, Side
Level Contributor
20,204 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sharm El Sheikh - September 2011

Hi,

No-one can predict what Sept will be like with the elections or Nov with the presidential elections. Just wait & see or book & take a chance.

Regards

romford
Level Contributor
4,460 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sharm El Sheikh - September 2011

Nephthys,

Do you actually know what date in September the Elections are likely to take place?

Regards,

Pat

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh, Red Sea and Sinai, Side
Level Contributor
20,204 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sharm El Sheikh - September 2011

No, sorry :-)

1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Sharm El Sheikh - September 2011

A friend of mine and myself are going on a 10 night holiday to naama bay in particular . We've booked it in mid September - really looking forward.

Does anyone think it will be packed there, especially after the muslim religious festival ( ramadan ) EXCLUDING the elections ?!

Thanks guys !

Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh