We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sensatori March 2011 - pictures

Lancashire
Level Contributor
16 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Sensatori March 2011 - pictures

Hi guys

We've just got back from Baron Palms which is next door to the Sensatori. We tried to take some photos to show the current state of the building work - I figured so many of you are worried about your holidays you would like to see current state of play

Hopefully this link should work https:/…

Let me know if it doesnt.

We could only see a bit of it - the seaview rooms and the back of some rooms and what appeared to be part of the leisure facilities so these pictures may not be representative. To us it looked like a huge building site with an awful lot of work still to be completed. Fingers crossed for anyone who is due to go there soon - there appeared to be an awful lot of work still to be completed and I hope they can get it ready for you on time.

sunderland
Level Contributor
44 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sensatori March 2011 - pictures

looks a looooong way from been ready anytime this season!

england
Level Contributor
446 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sensatori March 2011 - pictures

I agree this building work does not look like its anywhere near to completion in just over 8 weeks to open 15th May.

Thomsons look like they are pulling the wool over peoples eyes again who have paid them good money in good faith that they are going to get the holiday and the facilities they paid for.

derby
Level Contributor
71 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sensatori March 2011 - pictures

We are booked togo june 26th and looking at these photos I'm getting really worried!

Lancashire
Level Contributor
16 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sensatori March 2011 - pictures

I debated about posting these as I didn't want to unduly worry anyone - however having watched the Sensatori threads on here I thought that if it was me I would like to know what it really looks like.

As I said we could only see one side of the hotel, it may be that other parts of it are nearer completion. I really do hope that they can pull their fingers out - and hopefully other people who go to Baron Palms will be able to keep posting updated pictures.

At the very least it might give you a better idea when you talk to your travel agent about your concerns.

Good luck everyone, I really hope you all get it sorted one way or another

London
Level Contributor
105 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sensatori March 2011 - pictures

Fully up and running in eight weeks? I don't think so! Take your buckets and spades with you. And perhaps some bricks in your hand luggage......

I don't go until the 6th July and I'm getting a little concerned now.

portsmouth
Level Contributor
30 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Sensatori March 2011 - pictures

Hi ya just want to say a big thank you for showing all of us the photos ,,im due to go there on the 2 june with my family and my disabled daughter ,this would of been her first holiday ,,,im totaly gutted ,so wanted to make this a very special holiday ,and payed loads to what I thought was going to be the best ,,think the hotel will be amazing when it is up and running,but cant see it be up and running by the 2 june ,,so off to thomsons tomorrow ,,thank you again for sharing this with us x

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,743 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sensatori March 2011 - pictures

It will be open for May 15th

Just next year....

Even if it does open, it is unlikely to have the right people in the right jobs

Unlikely to have all facilities open

Could well have snags like open electrical work and wires or drainage so open manholes

If you can cheaply change I think you will have peace of mind switching

I had exactly the same with Azul Sensatori in Mexico

There were live wires in bedroom

Someone fell down a manhole

Most of restaurats closed

A group of builders all with the same gang tattoos

Run

Poole, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sensatori March 2011 - pictures

Wow, just stumbled on these pics - we are booked for mid July.

Although, initially the pics look pretty shocking - I cannot believe that they would have not taken everything into careful consideration when again changing the finishing date?

What we need to know is there now a full team of people working around the clock to get it ready in time? What worries me most is the apparent lack of labour - I saw just two men who looked like they were making a table?Thomson need to be honest and also keeping close tabs on the progress (or lack of) daily,..............................

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
222 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sensatori March 2011 - pictures

Have followed the discussions over the last couple of months as it is disgraceful the way Thomson have continually failed to give accurate advice to their customers. I have decided to change holiday, can't be bothered with any hassle and will not be going for any alternative in Egypt. This would have been our first visit and will now go back to the end of places to go!! I usually like to be independent of travel companies.....think I will go back to that way and book flights/accommodation direct, as the support and protection you expect from tour operators seems to be non exsistent.

Edited: 09 March 2011, 08:14
glasgow united...
Level Contributor
130 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Sensatori March 2011 - pictures

Well done Nixy, great info for the people booked to go or are thinking of booking, cant see it being ready in time myself, thats what this forum is all about ..valuable information, WELL DONE YOU.

Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh