We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

airport madness?

staffs
Level Contributor
861 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
airport madness?

hi,any one gone or back recently from sharm,is it the usual madness both ways or quieter and not so stressed as usual at the airport?is the visa booth open again,flying out sunday so any info will help.thanks,Heather.

west yorkshire
Level Contributor
204 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: airport madness?

we fly out sunday too didnt think there was many flights on a sun where ya flyin from ??

staffs
Level Contributor
861 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: airport madness?

east midlands 1100,looking forward to it,just got to get work over today and tomorrow first!!!

UK
Level Contributor
538 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: airport madness?

We flew on a Thursday and I think that is when the majority of British flights turn over, TUI / TC / Monarch / Easyjet too. The airport was total chaos both ways. I won't be flying on a Thursday to Sharm again, too stressful.

Laurence

Lincs, UK
Level Contributor
116 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: airport madness?

just got back last night.....both arrival and departure were pretty smooth...you usually arrive at sharm airport for departure way too early and there are a few checks when you get there, but it was all much less stressful than 2 years ago!

Lancashire
Level Contributor
16 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: airport madness?

As an aside - toilets! What is it with the toilets at the airport? Completely boggin, I feel ill even thinking about them :/

Teignmouth, United...
Level Contributor
194 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: airport madness?

Also arrived home last night (Thursday) got to Sharm airport 4pm. Flights leaving for UK every 25 mins only other departure was Frankfurt, but it was fine, queues were OK, not hugely busy. We left on time at 7.15 so I think thats wonderful! People were leaving daily from our hotel, so its not just Thursdays!

In regards to the Loo's a note for the ladies (our queues are always dreadful) there were 2 sections of 'Ladies' both well over-subscribed BUT NOTE there are also 'Ladies' to the right of the cafe in the smoking section (too the far right of the departure lounge near gate 1) those 3 again were empty as no one seems to realise it exists!

Hope that helps!

Liz

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
3,937 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: airport madness?

also used them toilets busylizza

werent as bad as last yr

Morecambe
Level Contributor
3,842 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: airport madness?

The smoking room is full of mozzies . lots of people in there getting bitten . i moved the bin and it was full of them , only had 1 smoke in there :( we were also enjoying meatballs before our flight and a b***** cockroach was on the floor under the table , i will never eat in the airport again .

Lancashire
Level Contributor
3,454 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: airport madness?

Tip for the ladies. Go to the toilets upstairs at Burger King, they are pretty decent.

We had a little cocky under our table in the bar on the way home which was soon dispatched with hubby's sandal.

Morecambe
Level Contributor
3,842 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: airport madness?

lol karen ours found its death also :)

Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh
Recent Conversations