We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

flies

Liverpool
Level Contributor
671 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
flies

hi

we went to sharks bay 2 years ago in january and flies where everywhere we are due to go again on the 24th can anyone tell me if the fly problem is only certain times of the year or is it like that all of the time

York, United Kingdom
12 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: flies

I have no idea, but I was wondering the same thing. We are going 11th December to St George three corners resort as part of our honeymoon. xx

Morecambe
Level Contributor
3,842 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: flies

Hi i was there last month and the flies were a nightmare , i bought some off from the chemist , its great , need to keep putting it on every hr or so . i find the flies are worse in the winter months .

Manchester
Level Contributor
30 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: flies

I have just come back from Sharks Bay and didnt notice any flies at all. None on the beach, round the pools or anywhere round the food.

I did however get some mosquito bites but worked out this was in the shuttle bus from the airport to hotel and again when in shuttle buses going to boat trips or aqua park or naama bay - not at the hotel or in the room.

Scotland
Level Contributor
118 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: flies

just returned last week from sharm still loads of flies about the beach area and poolside at hotel

Jersey, United...
Level Contributor
187 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: flies

Same here, just got back today and there were flies around the pool at HSB, you swat them and they just come back again and again urghhh. We didn't let them spoil our time tho.

Level Contributor
79 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: flies

Hey yea thete always around sorry!! You get used toit though2nd day and you are aware but leave themtoit!! 3rd day you think theyve gone then you realisethere allover you but youve got used to it!!

London, United...
Level Contributor
153 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: flies

They drive me mad. I'm sure someone mentioned on here that there is a spray u can buy that's keeps them away

Morecambe
Level Contributor
3,842 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: flies

Yes its called OFF its fantastic , cost me £5 but well worth the money .

London, United...
Level Contributor
153 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: flies

Nadia - did u buy it here or there?

Morecambe
Level Contributor
3,842 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: flies

I bought it the hotels chemist . you need to spray yourself every hr .