We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip to Petra

Which Sharm El Sheikh hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
2,920 posts
103 reviews
Save Topic
Trip to Petra

Looking to book a trip to Petra in July 2011, cannot decide who to book with and cannot decide Plane or Boat? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

We used Luna Rossa last year for a trip to Cairo and really enjoyed it, I have emailed them for details/prices.

Thomsons are charging £300 which I think is too expensive!

1. Re: Trip to Petra

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 07 March 2012, 02:05
Edited: 07 March 2012, 02:05
Colden, New York
Level Contributor
2,638 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip to Petra

For some reason the last one isn't taking you to the site. What I did was do a search on this forum by typing in sharm day trip to petra and then read the posts/info that came up.

Edited: 28 March 2011, 02:12
3. Re: Trip to Petra

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 07 March 2012, 01:45
Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
2,920 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip to Petra

Hi,

Thanks to everyone for the replies, I think I will go by Boat, don't think I could put up with the airport again for a day trip - too much waiting about and far too busy!

I will email the companies suggested tonight and get some prices and dates.

5. Re: Trip to Petra

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 07 March 2012, 02:35
6. Re: Trip to Petra

Removed on: 07 March 2012, 02:05
Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
2,920 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip to Petra

Unfortunately we never got to do the trip as the boat according to thomsons was not up to Health + Safety standards! (we went to Luxor instead), which was amazing and I would do this trip again, but would like to spend longer there.

We are going back in June and I have emailed a few agents in Sharm for prices and availbility, so hopefully we will be able to go this year to Petra and we have now decided to fly if we can (depends on the situation and advise from agents when we get there).

Email a few of the companies mentioned on the forum, but don't book until you get there, this will give you the chance to meet the agents and ask any questions face to face.

Hope you enjoy the trip! :)

uk
Level Contributor
597 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Trip to Petra

I was under the impression that you couldnt do the trip by plane - has that changed and now you can? Was thinking about doing the thomson boat trip but looks like thats out of the question now too.

thanks

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
2,920 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Trip to Petra

My preference would be by plane but goodness knows what mode of transport will be available in June, I am going to wait until I get there and see what's what! :)

10. Re: Trip to Petra

Removed on: 07 March 2012, 02:35
Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh