We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Panicking over luggage allowance !!!

Great Yarmouth...
Level Contributor
188 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Panicking over luggage allowance !!!

We are of to sharm on Thursday, I am starting to panic that I will be over on my luggage allowances.

We are flying with Thomas cook 4 people with 15 kgs each, but have just weighed my cases and 2 weigh nearly 5 kgs when empty ( I am hoping I have just got dodgy scales).

I am taking only 3 cases for 4 of us, will they allow my to be slightly over on my weights for each case ?. ( for example my 3 cases having a combined weight of say 50 kgs leaving me 10 kgs under my groups allowance.)

Great Yarmouth...
Level Contributor
188 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Panicking over luggage allowance !!!

Thanks for the replies guys I have just added an extra 5 kgs on to my luggage allowance for my 3 cases so I can pack without worrying. I always over pack but just can't help myself, a girl can never have enough shoes !!!

manchester
Level Contributor
1,417 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Panicking over luggage allowance !!!

Hi Cookie,

Probably didn't make myself clear on the earlier post, sorry. I don't know if I was over or not on the combined weight of 45KG, assume I wasn't, but with the weight of them both I was surprised I didn't get pulled.

See you've bought the extra KG's now, I tried doing that but left it too late.

Enjoy your hols :-)

luton
Level Contributor
19 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Panicking over luggage allowance !!!

crumbs the allowance is bad i know its cheaper to buy before you go it cost me £230 one year when we were over going coming back we chucked and gave away everthing and bloody did not weight us. get there as early as you can first in is always better but if i was you i would buy extra allowance .i got 23 this year and i will need it all. is this you first time to sharm give you two good tips .if you ring home dont bother at hotel or rip of phone cards buy a pay as you go sim for £5 from vodaphone shop in sharm cant miss it just look up in not far from hard rock cafe across the road and then buy a top up for a £5 to ring home about 18p texts 3p and if you ring any body in sharm about 5p a minute brillant for takeaways and to ring ur mates. also if you smoker fags cheap just as you get out of airport for some reason everbody just walk past it only trouble is they are in dollars so look up ur exchange rate and you know your prices i never use dollars they all love english money and you get a better rate if you want to exchanger your money out there trust me linda

Sharm El Sheikh...
Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Panicking over luggage allowance !!!

be careful still though how much luggage you have in each case. A friend has just come back to Sharm with Thomas Cook, she purchased 70kg luggage in total. Normally in 1 case you are allowed 32kgs as this is the maximum legal limit the baggage guys are allowed to lift but she had to move all her luggage around as they would only let her have a maximum of 23kgs in each case - a new ruling apparently!

dundee
Level Contributor
551 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Panicking over luggage allowance !!!

You get 5 kgs of hand luggage allowance also - that gives you 20 kgs! Don't panic

lowestoft suffolk
Level Contributor
733 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Panicking over luggage allowance !!!

i have just bought a luggage scale for £1 from the pound shop and its brilliant and saves all that jumping on and off the scales holding heavy bags ,and it takes the worry of paying a high price if you are over your allowance

17. Re: Panicking over luggage allowance !!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2012, 02:17
Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh