We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Delta Sharm rooms

Which Sharm El Sheikh hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Salisbury, United...
Level Contributor
207 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Delta Sharm rooms

Hello! i am staying at the Delta Sharm in september - I have a 1 bedroom apartment - Am I right in thinking that the room has a living area and kitchen? Does anyone know if the hotel accepts particular location requests? Also is he 24hr room service at a charge?

Also is it safe to catch a taxi into Naama or SOHO square? We are two young girls so are just a bit weary about this...

Any hint or tips on Delta Sharm would also be much appreciated!

Thank you :)

Gloucestershire.
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
1,417 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Delta Sharm rooms

Hi,

We've stayed in Delta Sharm a couple of times.... it's a great place and like a mini resort.... lots of pools all over the complex, some with loud music, some quiet, one with a slide, a warmer kiddies pool (nice one!!).... it had a few restaurants too, and shops to get food, toiletries, groceries etc., and a bakery for fresh bread. My daughter had a 1 bed apartment on our second visit - she had a bed room, living area, kitchen and bathroom... which was adequate. It really depends on who you rent from.... we always used English people as they 'would' have a certain standard!!

It's perfectly safe - there are guards at the entrance....who will get to recognise you very quickly that you are staying there! You can get a taxi from right outside very cheaply to where ever you want to go..... alternatively on the Peace Road (the duel carriageway) you can catch the local 'blue' bus into Naama Bay or Old Town for about 10-15 pence !!!!! Crazy - but true!!

Hope you have a great time!!

Salisbury, United...
Level Contributor
207 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Delta Sharm rooms

Hi thanks for all the info - I'm even more excited now!! What do you mean by 'renting' the room? I was under the impression it was a hotel? We have booked a package through travel republic... I'm confused now! Thanks again

Sharm El Sheikh...
Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Delta Sharm rooms

Hi

Delta Sharm is a hotel but also a huge resort where you can rent apartments also. The 'rented' are basically the same as the hotel apartments. Go and have a fab time i love Delta

Gloucestershire.
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
1,417 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Delta Sharm rooms

Sorry I maybe wasn't so clear...... you can rent apartments from people who own them as holiday apartments - this was before the 'hotel' was built..... it really is a huge complex..... to walk around the outside of it would take a good half an hour..... it really is lovely...... when we booked we booked through holiday lettings !! Have a great time - I'm dead jealous - will probably be back for Christmas again !

Salisbury, United...
Level Contributor
207 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Delta Sharm rooms

Ahhh okay that makes more sense! Can anyone reccomend a room to request? WE have a 1 bedroom apartment but I have just looked at map of the resort and it is def on the large side! WE would really like a ground floor pool facing room, how should I go about requesting this? Is the resort open to requests like this?

Thanks in advance

Sarah

Salisbury, United...
Level Contributor
207 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Delta Sharm rooms

also anyone been to terrazina beach? Does delta have a private beach here?

Thanks again! :)

London
Level Contributor
59 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Delta Sharm rooms

Yes, Delta has a private beach at Terrazina, as well as two others (one is in Naama, cant recall where the other is).

Gloucestershire.
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
1,417 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Delta Sharm rooms

Try to request a room as close to the entrance as poss..... otherwise you'll spend ages every day trekking in and out of the resort!!! It will get tiresome!!!

Haven't been to the beach in Naama Bay - as we always use our friends beach called VIVA........ but have walked past - it's lovely and still in the bay - which is truly wonderful !!

9. Re: Delta Sharm rooms

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2012, 15:19
Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh