We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any recommendations of hotels etc never been to Eygyt before

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
1,814 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Any recommendations of hotels etc never been to Eygyt before

We are thinking of booking for Sharm el Sheikh but dont have any idea which area and what are the nicest hotels are they all inclusive who is best to book with

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh, Red Sea and Sinai, Side
Level Contributor
20,221 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any recommendations of hotels etc never been to Eygyt before

Hi,

Check this link out from under the Top Q down the right side of the forum:

tripadvisor.co.uk/Travel-g297555-c141727/Sha…

Decdie on which area sounds good, then you can look at hotels in that area.

There are also resort map links under the Top Q; Sharm is about 40 mins end to end by taxi.

Most are AI; have a look at the Iberotel Lido, Na'ama Bay. It's B+B, HB or AI. Only small, but very cosy & well deserves the 4* rating:

…photobucket.com/albums/…

Review under my profile.

Regards

2. Re: Any recommendations of hotels etc never been to Eygyt before

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 21 May 2011, 11:05
england
Level Contributor
690 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any recommendations of hotels etc never been to Eygyt before

sultan gardens 5 star fab,sharks bay,went last year,we are trying royal albatros moderna 5 star this year,looks very good too x

shropshire
Level Contributor
262 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any recommendations of hotels etc never been to Eygyt before

Hiya!

we have just come back from the reef oasis blue bay resort and spa, absolutely fantastic. It was my mum and dads first time to egypt, which is why we decided to pay more money,so that we could make sure they got the most out of their holiday.

They had the best holiday ever! we try and get as many hols a year as possible, so this is a big YES from my dad as he is very stuborn and didnt want to go to egypt.

He loved it that much we have rebooked for november,The complex had something for everyone and was such a big place, you didnt have to leave the resort.

You can book this with thomsons, and its in there platinum range, They are doing late deals there at the moment too,quite reasonable.

If this is above your budget our relatives stayed at the sister hotel reef oasis beach resort, and they said that was fantastic. i think this is sold through thomas cook.

I have heard the barons,savoy and sultan gardens are amazing too ,i think you have to get a good 5 star here,its worth the extra.

and dont forget the sensatori has just opened last weekend and their has been some good deals on that too, they have swim up rooms,whirlpool balcony rooms that you can upgrade to.The entertainment is meant to west end style and comedy shows,also i think you can actually walk to soho square from this hotel(not a short walk) but if you enjoy a walk this might be nice.

the problem with sharm is there are far to many hotels to choose from, you have a tough job ahead of you :)

Croydon, United...
Level Contributor
899 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Any recommendations of hotels etc never been to Eygyt before

Yes-the Hilton Waterfalls Resort. See its reviews.Been there last week and highly recommend it. Also highly recommended by destination expert Barbarah who has stayed there 5 times or so.

Cairo, Egypt
Level Contributor
487 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Any recommendations of hotels etc never been to Eygyt before

I think easiest if you go by the very Tripadvisor top of Sharm list.

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotels-g297555-Sharm_El_Sh…

I scrolled down to No. 33, which is Reneissance Goldenview (by Marriott) right now, and I did not find one sole hotel between 1-33 that could not be recommended. Even more of interesting options down to the 50, but a bit more bizarre selection there. Mind that there are 2 main categories of 5* hotels - the 5* all-inclusives like the ROBB and RAM that often get mentioned here, and there are classic 5* luxury hotels like Four Seasons or Hyatt or Barons or Novotel or Sofitel or Hilton or Marriott etc. The food plan is now almost getting identical, because many exclusive ones also introduce AI if guests demand. But in general the AIs are newer, larger, with more folks, more activities and in general a more noisier while also more social environment, while the others are about relaxation, solitude, quiet mostly. No water aerobics in pools there and there are perhaps also pools where kids are not allowed :). For quiet.

There is also a bunch of 5* AIs that offer only 3-4* service, some are really terrible, even though buildings may be impressive. AA Amway, most Tropicanas (but not Tropicana Grand Oasis), Rehana resort, Oriental resort etc. might be examples. In general try to avoid unknown chains that do not crop up in the top, unless the price is good and you understand why you are paying it!

And then there is also a bunch of 3-4* ones mostly in Hadaba or around Naama Bay that are smaller (usually 1-2 pools) and with perhaps just one restaurant, but these can be good value too, esp. as are usually older and in very nice central locations and green environments. If they are not AI or you do not want full or half board even every night in the same restaurant, then easy cheap food is in abundance in Hadaba, Naama Bay and old market areas. Some such are:

Mexicana Sharm Resort

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g297555-d5843…

Sharm Inn Amarein

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g297555-d317331…

A place owned by Egyptians, for a change :)

Eden Rock

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g297555-d316697…

The last one is a small and simple boutique style hotel immediately over Naama Bay - access via road or via direct steps. I know ladies who take their favourite books and come every few months to spend time by the pool, with most wonderful views opening over Naama bay. It is obviously then a very quiet place.

Just in way of showing the range of options. Hadaba like Naama Bay are both lively areas and you do not need any taxis basically for moving around and finding something to do in the evening.

Otherwise:

Best service you get in the FS of course, but Barons, Hyatt, Savoy second very closely while are at least half cheaper, and Iberotel, Jaz also try hard.

No one usually complains about Hiltons, too, and prices there have been v. good for the past 2-3 yrs at least.

Note that many rave about ROBB, RAM and several more large hotels, but I think it may be partially due to that these people are of less demanding type, or first time in Egypt (some service tricks are pretty much standard here) or of course also the hotels are decently good. Anyway, if I say "best service" I mean impeccable service where they try so hard they almost read your eyes : -).

Best location/views: must be Sofitel in Naama Bay for its views up on cliff, with their five solitary bits of beach and nice ottoman style (bit dated though) rooms. Reef Oasis Blue Beach looks like it might be its fresher version at least for views : -).

Best food: must be Sierra – the 4* sister hotel of Savoy. While Savoy S-Class AI with a la carte dining options in Soho Square is the best value in the top-expensive category. All top 33 offer good decent food, of course.

Best luxury at this moment: Royal Savoy, Sonesta Le royale, Maritim Jolie Ville Golf&Resort Royal wing or Maritim Jolie Ville Royal Peninsula – the last is inland but for the sheer size of its luxurious rooms and the space outside they have!

jolieville-hotels.com/UploadedImages/Typical…

The rest of famous chains in Sharm are all a bit tired right now on luxury/interiors/bathrooms front but I'd place Iberotel Lido in Naama Bay here, too, because it is so small, so special and in such a place by all those yachts that it feels luxurious – and for the service, too! Though it is only 4*.

Full waterpark hotels:

Aqua Blu of Albatros Hotels, Royal Albatros Moderna (of same hotels); while I do not really recommend Sunrise Tirana for its food, service or nearly tree-less environment. Park Inn by Radisson... perhaps give that one some time yet, too. Note that indeed very many hotels now have at least some slides. If you are in that age. : -)

About this years "sensation" for all wrong reasons - Sensatori. I see no signs that it would be part of the Greek Sensatori chain, but is perhaps simply a hotel by a rather average new Egyptian hotel chain but cleverly named with a similar name? Like Savoy technically has nothing to do w Savoy in London though I think they definitely win from automatic associations. Possible in Egypt! Because sensatori do not mention having any hotels in Egypt.

For swim-up rooms Laguna Vista Beach resort has them, too.

For jaccuzzis – Delta Sharm apartment village is full of them.

Enough is enough now but I think one thing is sure – it is difficult NOT to find something you would like. Click away and look what catches YOUR eyes among those top hotels - much rather there will be too many too good ones. Unfortunately companies have dropped number of flights so prices are up rather than down if you buy outside Egypt. : -(

Cairo, Egypt
Level Contributor
487 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Any recommendations of hotels etc never been to Eygyt before

Sorry, it is indeed Thompson's own new brand. Well, if Thompson is good at luxury and service... :-D but for now I see they have caught a nice small new fish on Sharm hotel scene with those Garden Reef etc hotels, signed some favourable agreements, and now are milking the customers with help of those hotels as much they can. Because why send money away to other hotels, if can keep more of it??

manchester
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Any recommendations of hotels etc never been to Eygyt before

whatever you do , do not book the allseasons badawia, we have had first hand experience of this hotel and we moved after a few hours.i personaly think that whoever is writing the reviews on the hotel cant of stayed at the same place as us.

9. Re: Any recommendations of hotels etc never been to Eygyt before

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 May 2012, 06:33
Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh
Recent Conversations