We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mozzies

high wycombe bucks
Level Contributor
150 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Mozzies

Can any one please help with avoiding mozzie bites. I suufer really badly and always get attacked by them, they seem to really love me. Last time we went to Egypt i was a mess and have seen on a few reviews recently that it is really bad in SHarm for them at the moment. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Gilly.

Swansea, United...
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
9,982 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mozzies

Hi there

Check the first few pages of the threads you will see that this has been talked about at length, also put mozzies in the search box above to get previous answers. Check the Tips at the top of the messages and the questions in blue down the right hand side of the page, it's covered extensively

Regards

barbarah

London, United...
Level Contributor
768 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mozzies

Has it got worse in Sharm? We've never had a problem with mozzies there before.

Bridgend, United...
Level Contributor
452 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mozzies

This is worked for me when i was in Sharm a couple of weeks ago i never had a bite wheras everyone else got bitten. Vitamin B1 & B12 (Veridian) they are the best make from a health shop strong garlic capsules and avon skin so soft. You should start taking the vitamins a month before you go.

high wycombe bucks
Level Contributor
150 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mozzies

Thanks for the tips.

I have heard a few times about the Avon Skin so Soft and apparently it has to be the green one, is that correct ?

Thanks

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh, Red Sea and Sinai, Side
Level Contributor
20,182 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mozzies

Reply 4 - yes. Vit B1 works well for me too. Tested that theory in several countries now!

Regards

Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
82 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mozzies

Well i have been lucky and never been bit yet, but im a bit worried about this hol (1st time in egypt too), so iv taken ppls advice and started taking Vit B1 ha, and ordered some stuff out the avon, got a plug for the room too. hope this is enough! I suffer really really bad from prickly heat aswell so the last thing i want is both!

high wycombe bucks
Level Contributor
150 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mozzies

Thanks think i will get the Viamin B1 a go. Does it make you smell of garlic, ( hope this not a stupid question !! :)

Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
82 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Mozzies

erm i dont think the vitamin B will lol, or did you mean the garlic tablets?...i was thinking about that actually ha

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh, Red Sea and Sinai, Side
Level Contributor
20,182 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Mozzies

Vit B is thiamine...a natural mozzie repellent that is excreted thru the skin. We can't smell it & it won't smell of garlic! There is little scientific evidence to support it & people can be quick to ridicule it, but I know it works for me. Its effects are lessened if you drink alcohol or if you are pregnant!

Regards

Bridgend, United...
Level Contributor
452 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Mozzies

i used the odourless garlic tablets, apparently with the Vit B1 It omits a smell through the skin that only the mozzies dont like

Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh