We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels at Christmas

London
Level Contributor
2 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Hotels at Christmas

Hello, peeps. Looking for people with knowledge and asking friends and family is getting confusing. I have never visited Sharm before and me and hubby with another couple are looking to do 10 nights over Christmas and New Year. Now, all of us are aware from a bit of research that the food is maybe not all that with the AI hotels but for the sake of price and drinks that's the option we will take. What I am struggling with is location. Which area is best to be in where we are reasonably near to bars and restaurants? There are so many offers on hotels but I am struggling to narrow it down. I saw some good deals at Sharks Bay but people have told me its nowhere near anything? Also I wondered what the weather will be like that time of year. of course we realise its winter but I wondered if the temp will still remain relatively warm? Thanks in advance for any help!

Swansea, United...
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
10,005 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels at Christmas

Hi there

You already realise that the food in AI hotels is not the best, I don't go AI so won't comment. Make sure the hotel has at least one heated pool, or otherwise the pools are too cold for swimming, the sea is still quite warm.

The main area to look at is Naama Bay, unfortunately not that many hotels here do AI, the next area near to restaurants /bars is Hadaba/Ras UM El SId check the maps in the questions down the right hand side of the page. There are AI hotels near Soho Square, but this is not as lively as Naama Bay.

Take into account that Sharm is only about 40 mins end to end and there are council mini buses which are cheap and plentiful taxis, not a bad price if you haggle. Most hotels have courtesy buses.

Temps at theis time of year (my favourite time)are still in the late 20s in the day, you may need cardi,/wrap in the evenings, although the last few years it hasn't been too cold

Regards

barbarah

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh, Red Sea and Sinai, Side
Level Contributor
20,258 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels at Christmas

Hi,

Info on Xmas & NY from under the Top Q;

tripadvisor.co.uk/Travel-g297555-c95864/Shar…

(Been 4 times for Xmas & 3 for NY; loved it)

Link to the Tips & General Advice “Sticky” thread at the top of the forum (with a little orange pin icon at its side), above all other topics. The thread is now in alphabetical subject order for clarity.

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g297555-i9225-k3…

AI hotels in Na'ama Bay include the Marriott, Novotel & Iberotel Lido....altho you can have B+B, HB, FB or AI at the Lido. It's small, personal & has only 71 rooms.

2 recent reviews under my profile & photos here:

…photobucket.com/albums/…

Popular hotels near Soho Sq are the Savoy & Sierra.

Regards

Gloucestershire.
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
1,459 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels at Christmas

Hi,

We've done Christmas and New Year 4 times now. It's a great time to go and catch some Winter Sunshine !!! We've stayed in Hotels, timeshare, apartments, and are now back to hotels!

We like to stay in Naama Bay - as everything is in walking distance..... don't need to see a car at all !! There is a curve to the bay with hotels all having their own piece of the beach...... between the hotels and the beach there is a promenade - the size of a large pavement - which takes you into the area where all the bars and cafe's are..... there are restaurants all along the promenade too.... making the walking very interesting!

We have used the Novotel Hotel, which we really liked (2 years ago).... great beach, and amazing coral reef - waist deep - most amazing fish to be seen.

Last Christmas - we stayed at the Ghazala Beach Hotel - bad choice - and I kick myself in doing it - I should have known better..... although their beach bar is a great bar with an excellent 'happy hour' or two.... !!!

This year we are hoping to go to Jolie Ville - but slightly earlier in December due to the good prices then..... also my youngest's 21st is on Christmas day - so feel we should be at home for her!!!!! Hope this helps!!

Barbarah, Nephthys and I all met up together last Christmas for a meal - so we all have plenty we can tell you if you need more info!!!!

4. Re: Hotels at Christmas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2012, 01:17
Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh