We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Great new supermarket

Redhill, United...
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
4,046 posts
77 reviews
Save Topic
Great new supermarket

The egyptians are really getting into the swing of things as far as supermarkets are going,there is a big new one called Ragab sons.The only thing they have not got the hang of is where to build them.This new one is 2 doors down from the already superb Metro just on the outskirts of the old market.Personally I think Ragabs is better and a bit bigger but it just seems mad to build them so close to each other.I know 20 years ago in some cities all of the "alike" shops where all in the same location but I would have thought that idea would have died by now.Unlike metro the new supermarket also sells electrical equipment.

Edited: 07 July 2011, 17:32
Gloucestershire.
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
1,459 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Great new supermarket

Thanks for the info MrSmall...... very interesting - will be very useful !!!

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
855 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Great new supermarket

We were there April-June , found Ragab & sons excellent for goods & used it most of the time even though we live in Montazah which is a long way away .The staff are all friendly & helpful ,nothing is too much trouble. Metro nearby are losing a lot of trade so are offering cut prices to get their customers back. The reason it is there is that it serves residents more than tourists as Hadaba area is a more residential area as Nabq/Naama is hotel land. 12barbluesman

Redhill, United...
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
4,046 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Great new supermarket

Exactly,but I dont know why they did not just build it up in Hadaba,the likes of 24/7,sheikh abdullahs,alex's would be put out of business and it would clean up?

Kent
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Great new supermarket

There is now a new Metro in Hadaba just opposite Fantasia too

5. Re: Great new supermarket

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2012, 21:18
Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh
Recent Conversations